F1 - 2021 Season

I think Lewis was operating his car to disentangle it from the mess and carry on. A good sign he was OK.

Thus Verstapen just looked to the other side and walked away. It didn’t look nice in TV however.

Spa wasn’t a race it was a joke.

True but it certainly wasn’t a good look and it does reinforce Max’s bratish reputation.

1 Like

Sort of fits in with his ridiculous post pubescent moustache effort

1 Like

Wasn’t a fan of the Halo introduction but they’ve already proved their worth several times - probably one of the best safety features in years…

Lewis was either but I bet he’s changed his mind now.

That simply didn’t happen.

Hamilton was trying to reverse back onto the track, so obviously no need to check if he was OK.

I’d say he strolled away rather than stormed off.

3 Likes

Guess we’ll never know but it didn’t look good.

Actually he strolled slowly away across the track in just the right place to frustrate Lewis if he had managed to get the car to move backward. Max behaved like a spoilt child basically.

Best

David

1 Like

I have to agree it didn’t look good.
Sorry to say Verstappen does seem to have developed a personality issue that is loosing some supporters, but more than made up for but the fan-frenzy going on in Holland I’m sure.
That aside, personally issues doesn’t win races (does it Lewis)
My growing concern is MV’s balls to the wall get out of my way aggressive racing style, he’s a hard racer for sure, but that has boundaries & he’s gone over that line in the past & this season it seems to be back again.
The stewards got it right yesterday, but I’m not so sure he was totally blameless at Silverstone.

He hasn’t developed personality issues. He’s merely failed to control them.

He was always a spoilt brat with a lot of talent. He did show signs of losing that spoilt brat as he matured, but now its right back. If he can lose that he will be a world class driver for many years to come.
I also think that Horner, in particular, has encouraged Max to bring out the spoilt brat and has a big part to play if he fails because of it.

1 Like

Anyway bugger LH and Max, via la Danny and McLaren. I thought it was great for F1 that the “good” guys had a win.

3 Likes

I change channels or mute whenever any one from Red Bull is being interviewed. Sorry they just come across as entitled imo.

This thread is getting a bit myopic and partisan, the negativity is so palpable. Since RB slowly got more competitive the UK crowd has gotten a lot more anti-Max/RB, and is exaggerating all kinds of issues on his/their side while mostly brushing off things happening on the Hamilton/Merc side.

I get it, but at the same time the atmosphere is slowly becoming a bit too toxic for non UK folks to feel welcome here.

1 Like

As an outsider I can honestly say I don’t care for either of them. They both come across as entitled brats, but that’s only what we see and they might be the nicest guys on the planet for all I know.

@litemotiv I think I understand how it is you feel that way, but maybe if you look at the various forum profiles you will see its not quite so one sided.
The most recent anti/pro Max posts …
Pete_the painter is Australia, Bruss is France, Hollow is Ireland, Rafael is Italy & France
David & myself are UK
Not sure about Fatcat as he has hidden profile.

Anyway, maybe best if we draw a line under it & move on …
… next is Sochi, can anyone beat the Mercs ???
Winners every year since 2014 with Hamilton x4, Bottas x2 & Rosberg x1

Ofcourse Bruss is very much British, and a number of people are missing from that list (Gazza, Tim, HappyL etc.).

Anyway we don’t need to tally, i just wanted to mention that it has come to a point where the overall rage from ‘English speakers’ towards Max / Red Bull is very palpable and is becoming a bit overwhelming.

2 Likes

This thread has really made me smile, all this chat about MV being a spoilt brat and a disgrace because he didn’t apparently do enough to check that Mr Hamilton was ok.

Poor old Max will be distraught this morning when he reads on an obscure web site dedicated to blokes who sit in front of stereo systems that some of them weren’t happy with the way he failed to live up to their massively high standards.

Exactly this. Ever since MV has become more dominant this thread has slowed down. Next to that the sentiment that MV is aggressive and LH is not is debatable at best. LH has a bad history of pushing competitors off track; this season and previous ones.

Having said that: I do think MV could have paid some attention to LH when they crashed but since LH was actively trying to return to the grid AND he blamed LH for not giving space and thus causing the crash I can see why he did not.

1 Like

I have to agree and I’m English.

I find it bizarre that grown men, most of them probably elderly, some of them very intelligent (apparently) aren’t able to process the facts in a fair unbiased manner, and get themselves into a tizzy. :innocent: