F1 - 2023 Season

Lando’s new car looks fookin’ quick

1 Like

I think Checo stays until the end of his contract, then someone like Yuki gets a look in 25. Danny might end up taking over from DeVries until Lawson is ready. It would be a great to see Danny in a RB again but it would be crazy to swap him for Checo right now imo. If he can impress at AT or Haas or Williams next year he might have a shot at Alpine, Aston (if Alo retires) or Ferrari for 25

Agree. Doubt Danny Ric would get front line Red Bull seat again but he could replace Devries. Not sure a top line driver such as Lewis or Charles would want the second RBR seat were it to become available

Theme song for the season so far and probably all of it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKw9AYPeCz8&pp=ygUjY2F0Y2ggdXMgaWYgeW91IGNhbiBkYXZlIGNsYXJrIGZpdmU%3D

Whilst the sprint was an exciting race, for me it was overshadowed by the tragic death of the young Dutch driver, Dilano van ‘t Hoff at Spa earlier in the day. It was good that many of the drivers mentioned this in post-race interviews whilst sad that they needed to.

2 Likes

Very very sad indeed.

If you think Perez is a liability/ physical threat to Max my mind boggles at the prospect of Danny Ric being allowed back in the same team car - it would be carnage within two races!!

Peter

I am no fan of Verstappen, but it was impressive how he immediately understood the significance of how the DRS zone trigger worked as he overtook Leclerc whereas Perez repeatedly didn’t as he tried to overtake Sainz.

4 Likes

David, you’re ok?!

3 Likes

I’m no fan either but he is very impressive. Equally are his team, to potentially risk a race win by coming into the pits on the penultimate lap just to runs softs to take the fastest lap on the last lap was classy

4 Likes

Looks like more post race time penalties have been applied

Over 1200 track limits infringements. Final positions changed somewhat, it took F1 a long time to finalise the result, which is below.

Revised race result

1 Verstappen =
2 Leclerc =
3 Perez =
4 Norris +1
5 Alonso +1
6 Sainz* -2
7 Russell +1
8 Hamilton* -1
9 Stroll +1
10 Gasly* -1
11 Albon* =
12 Zhou +2
13 Sargeant* =
14 Ocon* -3
15 Bottas +1
16 Piastri +1
17 De Vries* -2
18 Magnussen +1
19 Tsunoda* -1
DNF Hulkenberg

****** Driver penalised post-race*
=/+/- Positions gained or lost through post-race penalties

Not a good look for the pinnacle of motorsport.

They really should just make it a penalty to infringe on the track limits. Put down gravel, a wall, etc.
Suddenly they’ll all be able to stay inside the lines consistently.

3 Likes

The Austria track is a MIckey Mouse track! Barely over a minute to lap it, and nowhere else do we see track limits problems of this order.

1 Like

Think I heard yesterday that DRS zones are one third of the track. Dreadful circuit imho .

1 Like

Its a good circuit. Excellent racing in the Porsche support series. The F1 cars are too fast for the circuit.

Max commented on this somewhere during this weekend. Apparently doing that would make it pretty dangerous for some of the other formats that use the track.

A metre-wide strip of grass at the edge of the kerbing would work and I think MotoGP would accept this. A couple of the drivers suggested this.

2 Likes

It made the whole event a farce. Track limits are easy to enforce, if you wander outside you either crash or loose laptime. What a joke for all concerned.

1 Like

I think this is the “least interesting” season I can remember in over 50yrs of watching.