Alex Albon 1 3.39
Carlos Sainz 2 3.38
George Russell 0 2.59
Yuki Tsunoda 1 1.95
Pierre Gasly 0 1.22
Daniel Ricciardo 0 1.07
Esteban Ocon 1 0.65
Liam Lawson 0 0.48

F1 only publishes the top 5, so if not in the top 5, 0% was assumed. (Hence a total of only 74%).

Interesting that Norris ends up highest in both these metrics. Personally I feel he made too many mistakes, especially in qualifying.

I thought it was a good season. Verstappen was the best driver in the best car. As always optimism for 2024 given McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Aston, could make the step up to challenge rbr. It’s almost inevitable that with limited rule changes the field will close up even more. Roll on February 2024 first test!

2 Likes

Hmmm…Lewis reckons RBR haven’t touched the car since the Summer break. I suspect the RB20 may be a goodun…

2 Likes

I thought Bernie Collins was great this year. Getting her insight on the pit wall strategy calls really added a lot to the viewing experience

3 Likes

3 Likes

I can’t remember exactly which race it was, but I’m pretty sure they still brought an upgrade after the break. Although perhaps things that would also apply or at least give them information for the 2024 car?

Yeah, wasn’t it Mexico? I think it was obviously using the advantage to try things out for 2024. They had such a a lead already and the championship in the bag I cannot imagine that they would have just spent the cash for nothing.

What I cannot remember is Max ever getting a grid penalty for new parts. Which means they did all that using only the allotted parts. Which is another incredible thing.

I think he took one at the Belgian GP.

Ah then I totally forgot.

Some interesting bits in this.

1 Like

Interesting article about the underrated Alex Albon. Sure he struggled initially against Max, but he was thrown up against him halfway through his first season.

2 Likes

Logan Sargeant has been confirmed for next year by Williams.
Whilst his season has not been great, he was brought into the team earlier than initially planned so I think it is the right decision. He now has a chance to show what he is capable of and if he can get much closer to Alex Albon’s level then he is likely to stay longer. The team have said part of the reason is that they see nurturing talent as important and Logan has progressed through their academy so is being given more time to prove himself.

I am surprised they have kept him. He’s not a rookie, only an F1 rookie. He has driven off the circuit too many times for me.

1 Like

I can’t recall any previous season where every team has kept the same driver line-up from the season before. Am I wrong about that?

Good to see someone still has a sense of humour in F1

3 Likes

I can’t either. Though to be strictly accurate Daniel didn’t start last year in the car, getting the seat mid-season.

1 Like

The amazing Fernando Alonso at 1/43 scale. This one celebrates his 100th podium in F1 and mine is 1 of 414 limited edition!

4 Likes

Very beautifully detailed…

1 Like

Article about the Woolfs in The Times today. Starts with the time Susie was about to be the first woman to drive an F1 car in practice in 2 or 3 decades or so. Toto wanders over to the Williams pit to offer some words of encouragement, “Don’t be sh*t…” he says!

1 Like

2 Likes