F1 - 2024 Season

f3342205-2d48-4091-85f3-a8640a02c36b_612x408

3 Likes

That’s a bit of an assumption though, do you know the basis of the complaint? For all we know it could well of been vexatious, I suspect it was, the bloke is not always the bad guy believe it or not!

5 Likes

Who do you regard as the victim, and why.

3 Likes

@Hollow @Fatcat I have edited my post above. Have reasons for saying what I did but without an extensive discussion about it I don’t think it will come across as more than me randomly judging.

According to Red Bull there is no victim. Their internal enquiry, completely independent obviously, said there was no case to answer.

1 Like

Indeed - and it appears many in and around F1 (inc. media) need a course in HR matters & general protocols and governance, as when they say ‘we want transparency’, in effect this means ‘trial and determination within the court of social media’ nowadays, a court always to be trusted (not). There are never going to be winners in a situation like this, as CH is now tainted by the accusations, albeit he remains in role at this time. For the accuser, it’s like playing poker ‘all chips in’, and why many seasoned HR lawyers regard rendering complaints a very last action to be considered, as even victories can be highly pyrrhic in nature.

I would speculate the accuser has been linked to the leak of information and distribution of the e-mail to all & sundry (?), which would demand immediate suspension.

4 Likes

I think Jamie said it but Jos is a thug. Fractured someone’s scull and assaulted an ex wife I believe. Treated Max poorly to “toughen him up”

1 Like

I don’t think Jos V is relevant as even a secondary stakeholder or has any standing in matters surrounding CH – he’s just part of the media circus show. What binds F1 is contracts, which can be very expensive to exit. It’s not like football, where a player mopes and refuses to play.

1 Like

Meanwhile, back on track and rooting for Fernando

2 Likes

According to the Spanish newspaper Marca, Jos Verstappen is having a relationship with the employee who accused Horner of inappropriate behavior in the workplace. Therefore, according to information from the newspaper, it was Jos Verstappen who sent the email with the contents incriminated against Horner to the journalists present at the weekend in Bahrain, having in his hands all the material and evidence provided by the woman during the internal investigation at Red Bull. Who is the victim? The story isn’t finished….

1 Like

As I said before, I have my doubts. It just doesn’t sound like something he would do. As @IanB61 said, he’s a thug. Had the story bean that he beat Horner up, I would have been more inclined to believe it.

Anyway back to real stuff not fantasy gossip world.
Ollie Bearman in for Sainz after pole in F2. Nice opportunity for the youngster.

2 Likes

Brit in a Ferrari! Go on Ollie!!!

The day Ollie was born, Alonso was finishing 2nd in the Spanish Grand Prix :grinning:

3 Likes

Carlos looked really puffy and unwell yesterday. He’s having an op for appendicitis apparently. Bearman may get a couple of races out of this

1 Like

Anyone who had a long term bet on the next Brit to drive a red car is probably peeved.

1 Like

Not a very impressive start for Antonelli in the F2 race

Jos V is not giving up on this anytime soon given latest media reports.

1 Like

I just read his latest comments in the below article. He actually came across as caring…

This is all getting very very spicy. Seeing rumours of Max to Merc, Antonelli to Williams and Alonso to Red Bull for 2025.

Toto is even making overtures to Marko…

Jos said about the Red Bull employee who has now been suspended: "I sympathise with the woman, with all that she went through, but we will see what happens.

This from the wife and girlfriend beater. Better to :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like