F1 - 2024 Season

2024 F1 schedule

February 21-23 … Pre-season testing (Bahrain)
Feb 29-March 2 … Bahrain Grand Prix
March 7-9 … Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
March 22-24 … Australian Grand Prix
April 5-7 … Japanese Grand Prix
April 19-21 … Chinese Grand Prix (Sprint)
May 3-5 … Miami Grand Prix (Sprint)
May 17-19 … Emilia Romagna Grand Prix
May 24-26 … Monaco Grand Prix
June 7-9 … Canadian Grand Prix
June 21-23 … Spanish Grand Prix
June 28-30 … Austrian Grand Prix (Sprint)
July 5-7 … British Grand Prix
July 19-21 … Hungarian Grand Prix
July 26-28 … Belgian Grand Prix
August 23-25 … Dutch Grand Prix
Aug 30–Sept 1 … Italian Grand Prix
September 13-15 … Azerbaijan Grand Prix
September 20-22 … Singapore Grand Prix
October 18-20 … United States Grand Prix (Sprint)
October 25-27 … Mexico City Grand Prix
November 1-3 … Sao Paulo Grand Prix (Sprint)
November 21-23 … Las Vegas Grand Prix
Nov 29–Dec 1 … Qatar Grand Prix (Sprint)
December 6-8 … Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Teams & Drivers
RB … Daniel Ricciardo - Yuki Tsunoda
Alpine … Pierre Gasly - Esteban Ocon
Aston Martin … Fernando Alonso - Lance Stroll
Ferrari … Charles Leclerc - Carlos Sainz
Haas … Kevin Magnussen - Nico Hulkenberg
McLaren… Lando Norris - Oscar Piastri
Mercedes … Lewis Hamilton - George Russell
Red Bull Racing … Max Verstappen - Sergio Perez
Sauber .… Valtteri Bottas - Zhou Guanyu
Williams … Alex Albon - Logan Sargeant

5 Likes

That is a ridiculously long season. Four races in the historic F1 hotspot that is the Middle East and Three in the U.S.?

7 Likes

I’ll be looking forward to the Belgian gp. My favourite.

6 Likes

Too many races - pure commercial greed.

May to August covers what I regard as the proper Grand Prix’s. The rest are just F1 races.

5 Likes

@Jamiewednesday @IanRobertM

That’s the problem. There’s nothing wrong with investing in global expansion by having GP’s in regions which don’t have a large fanbase (yet), so I’m not against races outside the “historic hotspot”. But here we seem to be dealing with simplistic short-term greed, not a well thought out plan to expand the fanbase.

3 Likes

The system seems to be this -

1. Have you got or are building a modern F1 circuit, which is/will be approved…?
  2. Have you got £$ loads-a-money…?

Congratulations - you can have an F1 race… :crazy_face:

Conversly -

1. Have you got an historic Grand Prix circuit, which may not really meet modern requirements…?
  2. Are you not willing to pay £$millions…?

Sorry… you just lost your historic race… :anguished:

F1 & the FIA = greedy bastards… :rage:

3 Likes

The Drivers and Teams are not at home very much. Must be competing with international Cricketers on that front.

Sauber are not sponsored by Alpha Romeo this year. They are competing as “Stake F1 Team” until the Audi thing kicks off in 26

2 Likes

Japan and Brazil should also be on that list

You forgot “short-sighted”

Not protecting your long term historic fanbase is clearly a mistake. Especially once various countries decide to use other sports for their sports washing

2 Likes

The plan must be to physically wear out the Red Bulls…might be the only way! :rofl:

Agreed. I would allow a US GP at Watkins Glen, too.

We all know it’s now ‘more about the show, not about the go’, although the teams & Liberty Media etc, would have you believe it’s really close racing.

I’d love to see behind the curtain covering the financials of all this, as I’ve seen much media comment that F1 has become over-mature in some legacy markets, hence they need to push in to new ones e.g. chase the oil money.

Thanks, I realised that news had broken, you beat me to it, now corrected

1 Like

Thing is, the show ain’t all that.

It might be exciting for the drivers and the team strategists but as a racing spectacle it’s not very entertaining for TV and track spectators for the most part and, to my eyes at least, is just a bloated yet shallow mediafest of showbiz cack rather than a sporting spectacle.

1 Like

Agree – it’s fallen foul of that modern-day, social media driven (by and large), cult of celebrity and FOMO, with the drivers now promoted in this way (there’s lots of media space to fill!) and the events likewise, although, doubtless, the promoters and Liberty will all point to the wonderful spectator and viewer ‘experiences’.

…some people are easily pleased, and easily fleeced judging by the ticket prices.

I really feel for the technical teams in this situation. Long hours are just getting longer. Whilst some jobs are able to be split across 2 shifts, folks like trackside engineers etc are scrambling to make sure they get time see their families. At one of the recent races in the middle of a double or triple header, GP (Max’s engineer) had to leave the track during the inlap in order to catch a plane home so he got a reasonable break. Just shocking and not a good look.

Why are you guys so surprised that races are up for sale. F1 has only been about money for years.

I’m looking forward to the start of the season just hope it’s competitive.

2 Likes

I feel this has been exemplified by the pre-race grid the past couple of seasons….It’s becoming a joke. Yes, there’s long been a celeb or two or a sporting great guest of the team wandering around, but generally there’s been a decent balance for years – it’s just ridiculous now….I know it was Vegas, but it was just a farce – I don’t think even Brundle knew what the hell to do…!

2 Likes

Our lives are very good, we need to have something to moan about!

2 Likes

That would be great. But unlikely I think.

F1 has a couple of significant issues:

1. Modern tracks where it’s nearly impossible to crash so there’s little jeopardy to attempting an overtake

2. Massive differences in performance of teams so one can effectively dominate.

That second point seems to have been more of a factor in the last 15 years or so. I suspect this is linked to greater reliability.

1 Like