Factory visit just confirmed

This thread is no use without photos!!

Peter

@northpole only hear we go

SUPERB visit to NAIM HQ yesterday, just as I would of hoped - passion, attention to detail - at every detail - apart from R&D nothing out of bounds - Mark and Mike from NAIM are brilliant ambassadors - 500 system and then statement through 85k Focals - SL cables - the new listening room as you would expect - outstanding :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

New lisening room - OUTSTANDING

yesterday ND555, 500 SL cables in to 85k Focals and then ND555 into Statement

inside of NAC 552

NAP 550 being DR fitted

yep it still works -

8 Likes

@Eoink sorry did not meet you yesterday great day

Yep, likewise, the format made it a bit hard to introduce outselves. Were you in the group that did the tour in the morning or afternoon?

@Eoink we got stuck in traffic so Music in morning and factory PM

couple more photos

Mark trying to lift statement

superb new room

2 Likes

Ah, I was in the other group, so we won’t have spoken without knowing. Next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great you enjoyed your visit. The new listening room looks nice, bright and welcoming. I would imagine some of the changes i can see would improve the sound quality versus the old room👍

1 Like

My goodness, that’s a very different look to the listening room! Thanks for posting the photos.

Peter

It’s a different room, it has windows, looks a lot smaller.
I like the wall sound defusers, but I don’t expect I would get approval for them in my room, won’t that idea past the Director of Domestic Affairs.

I have just received a Naim factory email invite!!! Is this for real??? This appears to have come out of the blue…I will be ringing up on Monday to check it out…if it is right I will be over the moon…

1 Like

Yes, it is correct, no need to call just reply to the email…enjoy.

Congratulations; enjoy the wonderful visit!

Have recently had the great pleasure of a Naim factory tour hosted by Mark Raggett and the friendly HQ staff, it was definitely one of the highlights of our European holidays :+1::+1::+1:.
If you or anyone get the opportunity I strongly suggest you “grab it”, even my wife enjoyed the day, not so much my desire of a 555PS DR though, after a enjoyable system demonstration in the new demo/training room listening to "my dream system "
Hope one day to get another chance to visit the factory and actually ask some of the questions, in hindsight i didn’t ask!!!
Thankyou Naim

1 Like

It’s the same room, the windows were boarded up! The space is in fact larger as you might remember there was shelving at the back of the room with CDs / lps etc hiding a maybe 4ft deep storage area. That was all stripped out.

Naim must have misplaced my invite :persevere: @Richard.Dane how are the worthy selected, mist we crawl over broken Linn/Chord/Devialet products Naim has blown away …

I think beta testers were invited first, any tickets not taken up were then passed in to others…
Just my guess

A think there were a number of names submitted and then about 10 or 12 basically picked from a hat.

1 Like

I hope they were picked from a Flat Cap.

4 Likes

What ever hat - it was… I have been lucky enough to be selected - I rang today and yes it is kosher!!! Blimy! I think will go out and buy a lottery ticket!!! :nerd_face::nerd_face: