Fakin’ the Funk

Hi, read about this software on Dan Gravell’s blog, it checks music files to see if the reported bitrate matches the actual rate, it will report on 100 mismatches for free before you have to buy a license. I’ve run it on some Flacs and got a couple of surprises! Anyone else come across it and if so, what are your thoughts?

Interesting, never knew this existed nor the act of files not being what they say they are.

1 Like

I seem to recall there are a number of programs available that give that info: Whilst I’ve thought about it I’ve never got around to getting one. From what I’ve read over the years I guess I’d find a number in my collection that turn out not to be what they claim. But yes, indeed, it will be interesting to hear the findings of people who have scanned theirs.

I didn’t know this was even a thing! Would be interesting to know. I do have some hi-res stuff that I literally can’t tell any difference whatsoever from a CD quality rip.

I never realised this could be a thing, always assumed the properties field would be accurate :grimacing:

It is widely reported that not all so-called his res is genuine - I have generally assumed it more than likely depends on the source and reputable suppliers should be OK, but I don’t think that is necessarily the case. Just like you can get counterfeit everything everywhere these days.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.