Farewell Pussy Galore

Very sad to hear that gorgeous Honor Blackman has passed away, aged 94; perhaps best known as Pussy Galore from Goldfinger, and also as Hera from Jason & The Argonauts. I’m sure I’m not alone in having had a bit of a crush on her in my youth, and perhaps even beyond. Farewell Pussy!

26 Likes

A classy lady indeed. RIP.

Sad indeed.

She was stunning in Goldfinger. RIP

A lovely, elegant lady. Sad news.

Very sad indeed

RIP…Pussy Galore thanks for the memories.

Yes. A proper hottie and THE voice of purrfection - after Joan Greenwood of course.

Honor Blackman and Caroline Munro we’re both , ahem, formative characters in my adolescence. Class act

In the Avengers, I admit I always lusted after Diana Rigg…but Honor was just Class.

RIP Ms Blackman. One of the best.

2 Likes

You are not alone… she always had that slightly dominant trait which I liked :grinning:

2 Likes

Am I right in remembering the line in Goldfinger…my name is Pussy Galore…of course it is …says JB . Classic.

RIP Honor Blackman. A fine lady indeed!

One of the pics I like most by Terry O’Neill

7 Likes

Oh that is sad news. Honor Blackman was sensational in Goldfinger, and more than a match for Mr Connery in that movie. Probably the best leading lady in any Bond movie.

4 Likes

We just watched Goldfinger yesterday. She was terrific in it.

She held her own in the Bond film, one of the classics.
Rip

Very sad news.
Like some others on here her voice and her beauty had an impact on me as a young man. Her poise and demeanour added to her allure. She remained an extremely attractive and sexy lady into her later years.
There have been many pretty Bond girls but for me Honor Blackman is always the first one who springs to mind, the definitive Bond girl.
RIP lovely lady.

1 Like

We watched Goldfinger last night in her memory, as it were. A great Bond film in so many ways but, seen through 2020 eyes, every so often something from 1964 really jars. Yes, I know it’s inevitable after more than half a century, but it still brings you up short now and again. But yes, Blackman was indeed a class act without any doubt.

At the risk of diverting the thread, if you’re a fan of the period, BBC2 is running an Ealing comedy (or similar) every day this week at around 3pm. Yesterday was School for Scoundrels, this afternoon it’s The Man in the White Suit, tomorrow it’s The Titfield Thunderbolt and so on. A great way to while away the self-isolation.

Mark

3 Likes

She’s the perigee of my eye.
RIP Pussy Galore