Fascinating Maps and diagrams

Uzes. One of my favourite places in France

2 Likes

Only trouble was he spent the cash on Westminster palace ie himself, and the war with France rather than on improving things in England as he had promised. BUT. 'twas ever thus and still is.

We know a song about that:

1 Like

Found this one interesting.

10 Likes

It’s crazy isn’t it, we just take it for granted. I remember having to plan a road trip from the Central Coast in NSW to Port Douglas (Far North Queensland). When you look at a map yes it was before the internet it was a day to get to Brisbane and another 2 to Port. 3 and a bit days driving with only a few hours sleep each day.

1 Like

2 Likes

Celtic Tribes.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure Henry’s plan wasn’t to remove religion. Just replace it with one he agreed with

Or tolerated his desire to end his marriages quickly without getting lawyers involved. :grin:

4 Likes

I enjoyed reading about this in Cat Jarman’s River Kings.

3 Likes

11 Likes

IMG_3024

13 Likes

Accurate!

6 Likes

Cool map.

The Greyhound has shut in Tetbury and sadly The Priory Inn is an Arkels establishment :face_vomiting:

1 Like

6 Likes

I love relief maps. Have a couple in the hallway. The lakes one has been posted here previously but I have Ben Nevis & Glencoe as well. Both remind me that I was once younger and fitter :blush:

12 Likes

The Mississippi River and its tributaries

9 Likes

Hats off to them!!

2 Likes

8 Likes