Fav Jools Holland Discoveries and Performances

I read that she had gone deaf in her left ear and had tinnitus in her right ear, which had been a precursor to her left sided deafness. A google search said she had some new technology hearing aids which had helped her greatly.

2 Likes

Oh dear, I didn’t know that, glad that she has been able to find some type of partial solution.

Once again demonstrates the benefits of backing up a Nas

5 Likes

Beck on all visits to the studio, David Byrne early 90s stunning, Moloko piano madness and I think Arctic Monkeys were there in their line-up

1 Like

Always good to hear something you wouldn’t normally listen to.

Here’s something more conventional but a lovely performance

R.E.M. - Nightswimming

How did you get your link to display as a embedded video?

Since the recent changes to the forum, where images won’t load directly, but have to be saved in “downloads”, similarly, you no longer use the upload button, but rather copy the page url of the YouTube video you wish to post, and paste it directly in the Reply dialogue box. :+1:

Robbie Williams, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Bonnie Raitt and Trisha Yearwood around 20 years ago. Bonnie Raitt was amazing as ever.

Thanks. I was embedding a link which was obviously too clever

First time I saw Cee Lo Green and his lovely all female backing band:

And the fantastically exciting Los Angeles blues band Vintage Trouble:

Other worthy mentions were John Grant’s “Marz” which I can’t seem to find - think it was his first appearance on Jools.

Peter

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.