Feature request thread

No, I’m afraid not.

1 Like

I’d like to see a further implementation in HomeKit for the Airplay 2 devices. So you’re able to see it’s on/off status and control it’s status in HomeKit and use it with automations.

1 Like

I am searching and trying out iOs apps for “controller”, playing my local server files from my idevice through headphones. Most of them I really dislike.

Suddenly I thought…I am so familiar with the Naim app over all these years, why can I not play on the local machine? Now that would be an awesome feature.

User benefits: Listening to the Naim system, touch the button on the app to continue streaming locally, attach the headphones (external usb dac/amp possibly) and relax.

Benefits for Naim:

• no more headline headaches.
  • marketing: new potential hardware buyers can already use the great Naim controller and get lured in.

Maybe adding mute icon to the Naim app or even more concentric circles to indicate greater volume. It currently remains the same regardless.

I’m guessing you’re using System Automation, in which case the app has no way of knowing the state of the analogue controls on a separate preamp, so cannot display them.
With the all-in-one boxes (Uniti, 172,272) you get a mute button and volume slider that show you what’s going on.

1 Like

There is a mute button on the Play Queue screen even with system automation. However, Chris is right that it cannot show the current state for mute or volume because it does not know. What would be possible, though, would be to make it bigger and the app could show a more visible animation to give feedback that you successfully pressed mute. Currently, the speaker icon flashes quickly but you hardly see it because it is covered by the finger when you touch it.

1 Like

When I scroll down in the Tracks menu to select a track for a playlist, it would be really nice if the Track screen would stay where I had scrolled down to when I go to select another track. It always resets back to the top of the Track list, and I have to scroll back down to around where I was.
Takes forever to make a playlist.

1 Like

How about having a better way to use the usb attached storage on the front and rear of the streamers? Displaying a long list of tracks is all very well but let’s have the ability to add these to playlists.

When viewed in the Server input you can add tracks on a USB drive to a playlist or mark them as favourites.

Cheers Chris I was just reading your comments in the other thread! I guess nothing is showing up as it needs to populate first. If nothing is there in a few hours I’ll rebuild the music database to see if that helps.

Hi Chris, I’m still seeing nothing in the Server.
I have a SSD drive attached to the rear USB will quite a few albums all of which I can play from.

But when I go into Server/Local Music I see the Albums, Artist, Genres headers etc but there is nothing in them. I did rebuild the music database this afternoon but that does seem to have helped. Any suggestions?

A bit of a long shot. And a faff! But if you copy the files over to another disc and then reformat your SSD. And then re copy files onto the SSD

I had a Samsung t5 which I could not get to work in the Atom. Then a member recommended i reformatted to FAT32. Did this and it then worked fine.

I think now the Atom can take NTFS or FAT32 formats, but one might work better than the other ? Worth a go ?

Hi @SiBrighton, thanks for the info, I have a back up SSD of the music files and can erase one of them and reformat. Do you know if Fat32 is a format Mac OS can understand as that is how I back up and transfer new music.

Yes it does, Mac can read and write FAT32. (Unfortunately, FAT32 is the only common file system that both Win and Mac deign to fully support out of the box)

1 Like

:+1:

Also this from an earlier thread on the old forum. Seems to be 2 places where you select server mode

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ve just checked and the settings above were already applied, I guess it’s a drive formatting issue.

If fact you don’t need to enable Server mode for the music files to appear in the Server input. That’s only for when you have other UPnP streamers on your network and you want them to access the music on your Atom’s USB.
Just go to the Server input and look in Local Music and it should be there.

After reformatting the drive to the only FAT format available on MacOS and copying the files back I’m still not seeing anything in the Servers tab after an hour of it being replugged in the back of the ND555. Out of interest if I can play via the USB tab does that mean the disc is formatted correctly?

I don’t tend to use the usb selection because it lacks artwork. However, it is more immediate as to what is on the stick rather than waiting for the media server to populate all my new albums and artwork.