Feature request thread

What I meant is that to the best of my knowledge it’s what people associate with “the Naim sound”, rather than “the Naim sound” being understood as some kind of un-neutral coloration.

You’re proabably right.

Following on this post, i think different display options on Uniti rage would be much appreciated. For me especially an option to change font, icons, menu sizes. My Atom is quite far away from my seating position and the text is plainly too small… Shouldn’t be that difficult to implement.

And of course Tidal Connect :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have a Uniti Core and enjoy the shuffle play option within genres like Jazz; Classical; Rock, etc. I can always skip a track if it doesn’t suit me at that time, but generally I can have music playing for long periods while I’m doing other things.

The problem is the limit of only 500 tracks, where I would like to hear a substantially larger portion that may be available in my library.

Thanks

1 Like

Not long to wait for TIDAL Connect on your Uniti Atom now… Watch this space!

1 Like

Out door stereo speakers please, Summer is on the way and expanding multi room to outdoor areas would be very welcomed.

I’m hoping that’s Clare’s comment on streaming services may also enable this possibility, if not ?

I second that. I’d even like some of the app wallpapers to be available on the screen to spice things up.

Qobuz connect and/or allowing the naim app to show the full playlist contained in qobuz.

2 Likes

I would like to adjust the screen brightness of my NDX 2 in the app, I do not see in the Naim app an option to reduce the screen brightness. The default brightness is very bright.

Also would be interesting have the Uniti Core to support roon as an endpoint on the coaxial output, it would be useful to connect a dac in another room using the coaxial out with Roon.

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing this in any release notes, but it seems when turning a device back on because the app reconnects, at least Internet radio doesn’t start playing. External sources still do (didn’t test others).

It would be good if this could be properly fixed where simply opening the app doesn’t take a device out of standby. With working from home it’s now happened a few times that I moved room because my gf had a conf call, and opening the app to operate another device turned the music where she was on. (And the other way around)

And I’ve added changing the Uniti Chromecast impl. to the 2nd gen Mu-so one. For months it now more often fails than works on a 4k+ device, where it’s flawless for a device a third it’s cost, a fifth assuming the Qb2 has the same.

I’d like to have a feature to improve the play-back options for multi-disc rips.
I prefer to see multidisc albums as one album when I’m browsing - that’s obviously easily achieved now. But, specifically, I’d like to see the option to playback a single disc from within the album when I’ve browsed to it. I’d like the tracks to be broken down by discs, with the option of selecting to play just the tracks from one of the discs.

Added support for decent Bluetooth codec on gen2 Mu-so/Qb like was present on gen1 (and would be expected on any quality device in 2019+)

Decide on principle that all settings will be available via the app. There are a few bizarre decisions on the older Uniti series where certain settings are in the menus only.

Switchable preamp outputs / internal speaker outputs via the app for all Unitis and streaming preamps.

I take @Naim.Marketing point that the lack of tone controls is a core philosophy of Naim and many others. Core philosophies do change though - such as the adoption of RCA alongside DIN, or digitised analogue inputs. The way people consume music is changing, with many starting their HiFi journey on headphones. I’d hate to see someone discouraged from stepping up to something like a Uniti with good speakers because of room issues. The substantial DSP capability in the Uniti series could be unlocked some way, perhaps via a Parametric EQ for taming room issues while keeping to the core philosophy of a straight-(ish) signal path.

1 Like

The Atom HE is great and i’m still loving, but one annoying thing for me is that if you play an album off a hard drive or stick, when it’s finished the Atom HE resorts back to the main menu so you have rifle all through the listings again to get back where you were. This is very long winded if you haven’t got a tablet or phone and just using the remote. It would great to just press the ‘back’ to go back to where you previously were. This also applies to the NDX 2 and other various Naim equipment. Maybe a future update could amend this ?

3 Likes

Added Rovi support & context help for Android. Perhaps it could have been combined with the Lock Screen Widget as feature parity for the Android app, but suspect this has more chance of at least one being picked up.

And crossed off two Chromecast related ones which supposedly aren’t possible due to hardware/licensing issues.

1 Like

Context help in the app on Android would also be nice. There is the occasional helpful reference on the forum to “just tap the “?” in the app” but as it turns out, it does not exist on Android :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added it to my list as well.

1 Like

Agreed, the lack of a back button or a play history means that you can, with a single accidental tap of the screen, lose a carefully assembled play queue or playlist with no chance of recovering it. That’s had me cursing the app on a few occasions over the years.

1 Like

There is a back button and it does go back to previous as long it is less 30 seconds or a minute, after that it goes back to main menu. If i wanted the home page i would press the home button.

1 Like

!!! Thank you. I was wondering why it seemed to do something different every time I tried to use it

1 Like