Feature request thread

IIRC, in the past Naim usually used Supex and A-T (and derived) MM carts. Personally, I loved the Supex SM100.

I don’t know what is currently used.

1 Like

Unfortunately not.

I briefly considered a StageLine when I was looking, but as it would require getting a HiCap (I have a Uniti, so no existing PS) as well it would take it too far above my budget. And at that point I’d rather not tempt myself. I’m guessing it’s aimed at people who already own separates including the PS.

Excuse my ignorance since i really don’t know this, but is Naim gear generally intended to sound neutral? I have heard about the “Naim sound” which implies a certain tonal colour, does this mean that a natural (Naim) sound is different to a neutral sound? If they are different, what is the difference in tonal qualities?

And does this still apply to the digital era in a similar way as to the analog era?

Perhaps this belongs in a separate thread…

1 Like

I don’t see how this necessarily implies undue coloration. The frequency responses are flat as they should be. I understand the Naim sound to have the difficult-to-pinpoint properties of PRaT, which is not related to coloration/frequency-response

Got it!

2 Likes

Pace, Rhythm, and Timing

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t “PRaT” related to a high slew rate and therefore to clean frequency response?

Who knows, PRaT is something from the past, maybe a marketing buzz word, as far as I recall & also as understood by most others, its always meant Pace Rhythm & Timing.

What I meant is that to the best of my knowledge it’s what people associate with “the Naim sound”, rather than “the Naim sound” being understood as some kind of un-neutral coloration.

You’re proabably right.

Following on this post, i think different display options on Uniti rage would be much appreciated. For me especially an option to change font, icons, menu sizes. My Atom is quite far away from my seating position and the text is plainly too small… Shouldn’t be that difficult to implement.

And of course Tidal Connect :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have a Uniti Core and enjoy the shuffle play option within genres like Jazz; Classical; Rock, etc. I can always skip a track if it doesn’t suit me at that time, but generally I can have music playing for long periods while I’m doing other things.

The problem is the limit of only 500 tracks, where I would like to hear a substantially larger portion that may be available in my library.

Thanks

1 Like

Not long to wait for TIDAL Connect on your Uniti Atom now… Watch this space!

1 Like

Out door stereo speakers please, Summer is on the way and expanding multi room to outdoor areas would be very welcomed.

I’m hoping that’s Clare’s comment on streaming services may also enable this possibility, if not ?

I second that. I’d even like some of the app wallpapers to be available on the screen to spice things up.

Qobuz connect and/or allowing the naim app to show the full playlist contained in qobuz.

2 Likes

I would like to adjust the screen brightness of my NDX 2 in the app, I do not see in the Naim app an option to reduce the screen brightness. The default brightness is very bright.

Also would be interesting have the Uniti Core to support roon as an endpoint on the coaxial output, it would be useful to connect a dac in another room using the coaxial out with Roon.

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing this in any release notes, but it seems when turning a device back on because the app reconnects, at least Internet radio doesn’t start playing. External sources still do (didn’t test others).

It would be good if this could be properly fixed where simply opening the app doesn’t take a device out of standby. With working from home it’s now happened a few times that I moved room because my gf had a conf call, and opening the app to operate another device turned the music where she was on. (And the other way around)

And I’ve added changing the Uniti Chromecast impl. to the 2nd gen Mu-so one. For months it now more often fails than works on a 4k+ device, where it’s flawless for a device a third it’s cost, a fifth assuming the Qb2 has the same.

I’d like to have a feature to improve the play-back options for multi-disc rips.
I prefer to see multidisc albums as one album when I’m browsing - that’s obviously easily achieved now. But, specifically, I’d like to see the option to playback a single disc from within the album when I’ve browsed to it. I’d like the tracks to be broken down by discs, with the option of selecting to play just the tracks from one of the discs.

Added support for decent Bluetooth codec on gen2 Mu-so/Qb like was present on gen1 (and would be expected on any quality device in 2019+)