Finding IP address

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the suggestions!

I actually use a mesh network from a company called Eero. I have 3 satellite pods (one placed at the router, one in the furthest bedroom and one next to my stereo in the basement … where the naim is).
While they seem to work for my internet usage, they don’t work with the naim. Each pod has 2 Ethernet ports, so I tried connecting an Ethernet cable directly from basement pod to naim … and no luck. I even brought the naim to the main floor and tried running an Ethernet cable from the pod at the router to the naim … still no luck. The only way for the naim to be recognized by “rooms” is a direct Ethernet connection from router to NDS5.

It’s frustrating because it’s supposed to work wirelessly … but not for me. At least I now know I can get it to work with a direct router to component connection, so it’s workable but not optimal.

Best,
Dave

1 Like

I’ve run my ND5XS wirelessly without any issues just to see how well it worked. I was using a WAP (wireless access point) downstairs as my BT Hub was upstairs.
No issues with discovery or response.
I think that many of these wireless ‘extenders’ only seem to work where you are using a single device to connect to the internet, rather than connecting to another device on the LAN which is what is required here.

I have BT Smarthub2 coupled with its BT black disc extender
I’ve found wireless devises move between both, obviously phones as they constantly move around the house, my laptop depending on which end of the lounge it’s in, but a bedroom TV changes for no reason that I can figure other than it’s about equi distant between them. At the moment I have 3 on the disc & 2 on the hub, plus the ethernet stuff.

It looks to me as if you may have two DHCP servers running, one on the router, and one on the mesh setup. You need to run one or the other of these in bridge mode. If your ISP supplied router allows it, I would set that to run in bridge mode. If it won’t, just disable its WiFi and set the Eero to run in bridge mode.
Then restart everything and see what happens.

2 Likes

Yeah @naperaudio I reckon @ChrisSU could be right… If it works plugged into the router but doesn’t work plugged into an adjacent mesh device plugged into the router that’s odd.

Mesh should work fine, in effect it’s just a wireless way of spreading access points around the house. But if you’ve got two devices managing DHCP that will create issues. It does need to support multi cast.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.