Fingerprint Cleaning On Uniti/NC Cases

I used a pair of thin gloves when putting the boxes in, deals with the sharp heat sinks and no finger prints, advice from my dealer :slightly_smiling_face:

Dusting is indeed a bit of a pain compared to the old boxes … the included cloth doesn’t do much beyond moving it around!

1 Like

2 Likes

Funny that you should post this question. The other night I spent about 2 hours researching what people are recommending for the cleaning. I came across a very inexpensive item here in the US. It’s called Windex electronic wipes and was created for the express purpose of wiping down AV Equipment. It’s listed on Amazon for a couple bucks but for some reason they won’t deliver this item to my area. I have found that it sold at several of the hardware stores and Home Improvement depots so off I go.

1 Like

Amazingly, I found both of these at the local Woolies…! @Mr.M

Will give them a try….and then perhaps another time some Windex or similar and see which I prefer….I do like the idea of the ‘one-use’ wipes though…

I now seem to finally having a properly working Core after Naim supplied a pre-release firmware amendment, so I think it deserves a little clean for its, now hopefully past, woes….

SC

2 Likes

Excellent, a happy ending!

The Lens Wipes work pretty well. Took a couple, but then it was fairly well fingerprinted…!

The Core sounds better now also…! :rofl:

SC

2 Likes

Ugh, I still need to look at that. My Star is in a shelving unit, with only a 5 cm or so gap above it so the dial doesn’t really get used, we pretty much use the app exclusively. The other day I did stick my hand in to use it. Turning it it didn’t feel smooth, but gritty instead :grimacing:

I guess I’ll have to take it out and have a look over Christmas.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.