First Day in Forum, cable advice needed

With a SN2 and the same speakers (they are fantastic!) I’ve used Naim speaker cables and interconnects, both the standard and Superlumina, all of which match great. Enjoy your great system.

1 Like

Hello Mike_S - and thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I too! really like what the Totems can do and am excited to get the S’Nait 3 cabled up and burned in.

1 Like

I also found the HiCAP DR a worthwhile addition to the SN2, but I can’t comment on the SN3. It might depend on whether you plan on any changes to your source or plan to move to streaming at some point, in which case the money might be better spent there first.

Happy days with a new amp - enjoy the fun! That’s a great system.

Mike_S - I had considered the Naim CD5SI just for synergy purposes however I still feel that the Ayre is
a little better (yet.) It has nice pace and sounds very natural. I would like to add the Hicap DR but have been encouraged to shoot for the Supercap. That would take things to the next level. I would also be in the position to move towards separates. The Supercap is out of reach currently. For now I’ve got my eye on Hicap DR, then the Naim Core in the future. I need work out the cabling first. Thanks for the input again!
Caio

1 Like

Hi there Gracie.1,
after sorting your cabling out i would not be looking at a HiCap DR at this stage. You’d be far better off in putting your money into the best source you can afford before going down any PSU route. I’m not familiar with your source but a CD5si, as good as it is, is not up to the SN3. An NDX 2 is the obvious choice here…

With a Supernait 3, the Hicap doesn’t add that much. Just take your time.

I’d also forget the Core. It’s very expensive and a nas will do the same thing. You’d need either a dac or a streamer with the Core. If you really want to go to streaming, an NDX2 is probably ideal. But that’s a question for another day. Get your cables sorted out and enjoy the music.

1 Like

Good to see we are in agreement here!

1 Like

Yes. Other than that i think the HiCap DR is a worthwhile improvement to the SN3, provided of course, the source is up to snuff - a bare NDX 2 will allow for the benefit of the HiCap DR IME.

1 Like

Thanks hungryhalibut and Stephen_Tate. Need to get my affairs in order. Cables and system setup.
Upgrades are always available. That is the reason I moved to Naim gear.
Caio

2 Likes

From memory , I am using Chord Clearway , though I have used Chord Carnival .

Out of them alternatives to Naim, Chord, Tellurium or Which Hat pop up most often. Which Hat is run by former Naim employees , Chord are based very close to Naim and have been used as an alternative to Naim for many years. Tellurium are very high end .

You have a super set up , please enjoy

Hello everyone - topic has been beaten to death and I apologize. I received confirmation from Naim Customer Service that Wireworld, if I choose to use it and like the sound it is compatible with the Supernait 3. I didn’t delve into the older gear as I’m a novice an still learning. They mentioned the Interconnects for the S’Nait 3 are easier to get along with as well. Not sure how many Nait 3 owners are here but I wanted to drop this tiny piece of knowledge. They are not litz configuration I wire , they are twisted and suspended apart by the dialectic and do not touch. Naim still does feel their OEM cable will sound better. Have a good day!

2 Likes

Hi @Gracie.1 … I’m guessing you’re in the US?
Wireworld makes good stuff. If you find your SN3 running extremely warm you may want to consider something else. I used Audience AU24 with my SN2 and had no issues. If your Wireworld interconnect is single ended I’d start with that from Ayre to SN3, the Cardas Golden is very good but a bit too much in this application, imo

The best thing about Naim is that you can buy everything you need from Naim. They’ve engineered everything to create their version of how hifi should sound. The only decision you need to make is the $ you’re willing to spend. You might find a third party speaker cable that sounds better to you but your system won’t sound how it was intended.

NACA5 is pretty inexpensive compared to most alternatives that some consider better and should be the starting point.

1 Like

Yup. Sticking with Naim’s stock cables is by far the safest and soundest thing to do. Once properly terminated and fitted i’ll doubt very much that any other course of will be desired…

Naim interconnects and NAC A5 user here for almost 30 years!

NAC A5 user here. I’m satisfied with the sound, and I don’t see myself experimenting with other speaker cables for my NAIT. Yes, these things are stiff, but it does hug the walls very well so it looks neat.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

I use NAIN NAC A5 speaker cable and you would do yourself a favor by going to a dealer and ask to borrow some cables to demo.

They work for many on the forum and while others like other vendors.

Thanks everyone for the positive reinforcement. I needed sound advice and as usual I found it here in the community. I just hope someday I can be as helpful. One negative note, my Naim dealer is a schmuck. Won’t demo, won’t lend cables. Crutchfield has NACA5 for $500us 30 day returns no questions asked.
I will do a shoot out between the Wireworld and NACA5.

Caio

1 Like

Opium- Yes I’m in the US. Kentucky actually. I ran Wireworld Eclipse 7 on my Ayre-cx-7eMP Ayre K-5xeMP and Mark Levinson no. 334. I also ran Cardas Golden Reference. The cardas was good on the Ayre but not so much between the Ayrs preamp Levinson. I ran Audioquest Colorado and Sky. The Wireworld Eclipse 7 speaker cables were dynamic. Now I’ve paired down to the Supernait 3band am awaiting its arrival. Totem Forest Signatures speakers!
CIo

1 Like

Stephen_Tate - I’m currently poking for a better Naim Source. Saving my pennies. I want the Naim Synergy! Thanks

1 Like

Hello family, can you give me a sonic characteristic of the SNAIC 5? WBt should I expect going from a dual 9 biwite cable?