First Naim gear?

2009 - CD5XS, Nait XS, Flatcap XS.

Cheers

1 Like

First Naim is Nait 2 last century.

Back to Naim with Nait XS and nDAC last year.

Any chance someone can change the title, I really have an aversion to calling audio equipment/components/systems GEAR.
First Naim, First Naim system, First Naim component, but not GEAR.
… rant over
My first Naim was a Nait-2 special with a pre-amp out, phono stage & olive. Bought 1990 & still in use in my dining room.

2 Likes

Nait 3 + CD3 + NACA5 in 1995. Gave good service for well over 10 years including a couple of trips (and conversions) to/from Canada.

My first Naim kit was a Nait 5-i2 integrated amp. I bought it last year & loved the Naim sound so much I only had it for around three months before I bought a NAC 202 & NAP 200!

I have plans to upgrade my black boxes in the future but I need to upgrade my turntable first. Currently saving for a Rega Planar 8 which should be with me in March.

First Naim 12n/160 bought in late 1979 from Audio Projects in Leeds

first Naim was CD5i and 200 NAP - first purchased in 2003

My first Naim gear was a NAC72, Hicap and NAP140 from Griffin Audio, Birmingham, in 1988/9. Fronted by a Linn LP12.

It was a beautiful sounding system upon which I have been building ever since. If ever I was to down scale my system this is the one I would revert to.

Richard

1 Like

CDX2 around 2004… I originally used the CDP with a Cyrus X system with ATC speakers… it was a cracking setup.

I’m another relative newcomer.

My first Naim equipment was (and still is) a UnitQute 2, purchased just under 3 years ago.

This was followed by Stageline/ Hi-Cap DR/ N272/ 250 DR a couple of months later.

Nait 2, around 1989, it felt like a major step at the time as I thought it was very expensive. I soon forgot the price and enjoyed the music.

1 Like

Decided to get back into hi-fi after the kids left home :grinning:.
Cd5i & Nait 5i both (italic) paired with some focal chorus speakers approximately 2012…

Unitiqute2 kicked things off for me a few years back.

Nait 2 in 1987 and still enjoy it but probably due for service.

1 Like

My first Naim gear was my first hi fi gear in 20 years. Nait XS2, CD5i, UnitiQute and Naim Dac. On Quadraspire. And the Devore Nines speakers I still have ('til my Magico A3’s arrive).

When we moved into this house I undertook to upgrade to a higher end hifi. Went out to various dealers listening to all manner of stuff but one dealer invited to have a home demo of a Naim CDX2/202/200. The rest as they say…

Regards,

Lindsay

I started with a Nait around 1983/84 which I paired with an LP12 and Kans. The Nait was replaced in 1993 by 82 / 250 and Hi-cap, which I still use today.

A Nait 3 for me (back when they were new!). It was a massive step up from the kit that I’d owned before that. A CD3.5 and Flatcap followed very soon after that. Then a 72/140 replaced the Nait 3. Now I’m the very happy owner of a Dac V1/Nap 100 combo.

A secondhand 112x and 150 in 2007. We had just bought our first house. My wife cried… A long love affair had started. I say that, but the 112x had to go (stepped up to a 202 with no regrets) but the 150 is still going…

1 Like

Original Naim Nait 5. Can’t remember what year. I’d have a punt at 2003, 4 or 5.