Flapjack and cappuccino!

First ride this year on home soil. Very nice, but im in bad shape and the skills are rusty. But soo much fun. Lunch with blackcurrant toddy.

4 Likes

Not been getting out much but hopefully Spring not long now??

Nor me; wind, ice, train strikes, ‘hand foot and mouth’ and today on a trip to B&Q rear mech snapped off. Long story but was just scooting/coasting to negotiate where cycle path navigates big roundabout, felt it go, looked down wtf!!

I was pleased to find that when I took the jockey wheels out the derailleur cage separates so could extract it from the chain. Walked last 200m to B&Q and return is mostly down hill so with chain on large ring and very light pressure made it home.

Further pleased to find that at Wiggle, a RD-4700 was both in stock and cheap £19.99.

Hope your LEJOG plans are coming together. I rode with my friend for a couple of days when he passed through year before last. After an even longer, prolonged cold spring and rain on the drive down to Lands End at the end of May the weather changed and it didn’t rain again until his last morning’s ride to the finish.

Have fun

You’re in danger of ending up with the dreaded, and indeed dreadful, ‘mullet’ (the haircut that time forgot).

Think Kevin Keegan, Glen Hoddle and members of Slade and Status Quo (those who weren’t bald or balding).

Ah, Graham, how can I put this, it’s been a very long time since I’ve offered my barber that much material to work with.

Best, C.

Look on the bright side: at least you’re in no danger of venturing onto mullet territory!

Well two flapjack/cappuccino days this week; with our kayaks in the Lakes. First for months, bracing but very enjoyable. Fine fry-up at the Bluebird cafe on Coniston yesterday. Rather different muscles aching today that aren’t used on the bike!

Forecasting a bit of winter again next week. MTB will be out I suspect.

Bruce

4 Likes

Much cooler today but roads dry. Got 83 miles in and back home by 1.30 :grinning:

4 Likes

My bike are getting new bearings in the frame and rear hub. (DT 240) Happily my girlfriend is a bike mechanic.

4 Likes

Just back from Sainsbury’s.

Oat flat white on the way.

4 Likes

Done 750k in last 5 days. Now toast :flushed::flushed::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Impressive. Here is winter finally over and the snow is melting. Can not wait too ride.

Out in the rain. Somerset certainly has some impressive water & nothing like a puncture in the cold and rain. At least I found a railway bridge to shelter in:

I was trying for a 100 but gave up on that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Dry roads so first outing for the summer bike today. Only 75k but good to be out in the sun :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Almost 140k and 1100m yesterday up and down in the Wolds :grinning:

1 Like

On hols in North Yorkshire - taken the opportunity to bring the bikes.

Went out with the Boy yesterday for 75 odd km. Some brutal hills and 1000m height climbed. Still using the Trek Crockett X-bike but wished I had bought my Tarmac. Might have had a chance of keeping up with him…!

Yea, we have the occasional incline oop 'ere :joy::joy::joy:

Have ordered a new bike for summer and as ‘pre-retirement’ present to myself. Had a bike fit to ensure new bike has correct stem/bars/saddle. Fitter has suggested I move the saddle down and forwards - largely to reflect my reduced flexibility in middle age. I’ve ridden 3 times since and am finding it very odd. Hopefully the neuromuscular adaptation will be swift and the changes will prove beneficial in the long term :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Moving the saddle forwards is effectively getting it nearer to the pedals so seems a bit odd to lower it as well.

I have found age has moved my saddle forward but needed to change the seat pin with a lesser set-back, the standard 20mm to an optional 5mm. This puts the seat pin clamps in the middle of the saddle rail adjustment.

Although i think in my case a dodgy left knee joint has become very fussy with feet-over-pedal positioning, and also demands 170mm crank length, have in the past happily used 172.5s but no can do these days :older_woman:

Any pictures of the new bike?

1 Like

New bike hopefully arrives mid-May. Will of course post piccies :grinning:

2 Likes