Flapjack and cappuccino!

Anyone get out this weekend? Discretion won out here - ice and temperature ensuring Zwift miles only…

I went out today, only 19 miles but limited to the hillier and higher ground due to flood water on the flat lowlands.

At least the hills are warming in the cold, the temp today was 4ºc which is about the coldest i venture out these days, and average speed is down to 14mph although i’m not in any hurry don’t think i could go any faster if i tried :sweat_smile:

It is nice to get out tho’.

1 Like

Icy roads and temperature not rising above 0°C meant it’s not worth the risk. But had a couple of nice local walks. Coffee was a very fine home brewed El Salvador and cake was a fruit currant square. Cheers!

1 Like

Managed 60k yesterday - a bit stupid really (temp never got above +3 C) but my son was keen to get out. He fell off half way on black ice which meant I managed to drop him later on :rofl:.

His bike was unscathed most importantly!

2 Likes

I bought one of these for a very accident prone friend.

Too icy for anything at home, our roads have too many shady and ungritted patches, and some still very wet/frozen from rain early in the week.

Bruce

4 Likes

Still too darn cold, windy and wet here in The cotswolds. A couple of riders I go out with for Club Rides have come a’cropper, one of them suffered a broken collarbone, the other a fractured pelvis so I’m staying put for the time being.

3 Likes

Warmer today so headed out. Roads mucky so covered in mud by the time got back but 64 miles in the legs so happy :grinning:

3 Likes

60km ride today on the cyclo-cross/winter bike. The first ride in a fortnight, as the temperatures have risen. But still chilly and breezy. Felt like hard work, but infinitely better than the turbo. All ‘money in the bank’ for spring and summer.

2 Likes

Got out for 80k with a few chums :grinning:

Strong north-westerly wind made progress challenging - but never seemed to be behind us? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

115k today. Starting to feel like I’m making progress. Watts up, weight down. Still a long way to go…

5 Likes

First ride in 3 weeks yesterday, for a variety of reasons. Felt old and creaky!

Bruce

2 Likes

Chilly, but sunny blue skies and light winds made for a very pleasant February 60km ride this morning. Calorie count said 1753Cal, so I can have guilt free cake for the rest of the day. :grin:

2 Likes

Only 19 country miles for me today but this trumps these wimpy little kilometre type rides any day of the week! :sweat_smile:

A very pot holed and bumpy five mile part of my hilly 19 mile course has been expertly resurfaced with new tarmac, and is now like the preverbal billiard table. The difference is really delightful :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Felt chilly today. 80k on dry roads. Might be able to use autumn/spring bike instead of winter hack next time??

1 Like

Slettestrand in Denmark. Very, very good. Flowy

6 Likes

Temperature in double figures and sun peeking out between the clouds. Almost felt like spring.
Decided to use titanium summer bike and had great ride out to Fridaythorpe, apple pie and mug of tea (coffee didn’t appeal) at the cafe.

Back home. 70km, with 930m of climbing. Stopped to speak to my neighbour, failed to unclip from pedals properly and fell over. No harm dome (cut elbow), but how embarrassing! :flushed:

2 Likes

Me here in Denmark. Oh joy.

3 Likes

Also on Wolds today - rode up Painsthorpe and down to Millington. 50 miles. Wind was chilly though…

2 Likes

Managed another trip to Oliver’s Pantry in Ripon. 105k round trip. Roads almost dry today :grinning:

1 Like

130k to Hutton le Hole today. Roads getting drier and weather warmer :grinning:

2 Likes