Flatcap 2 + Stageline N + Nait 5 + CD5 : how to connect?

Hello,

I’m new to the forum (I should point out that I’m French, which doesn’t really matter, but I may not be able to understand everything).

Here it is. I’ve just bought a NAIT 5, a Flatcap2, a Stageline N and a CD5. This is my entry into the world of NAIM, whose audiophile qualities I’m discovering every day.

I know it’s highly unlikely, but do any of you have a wiring diagram for the whole thing? I’d be very grateful. I can listen to the CD player perfectly well through the Flatcap, but I have the impression that the Stageline N is wired in the same place as the CD on the Flatcap…

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely
Frédéric

3 Likes

Welcome Frédéric.

If it were me, I would have the Flatcap2 powering the pre-amp stage of the NAIT 5, via Power OUT A (SNAIC5 and SNAIC4 needed) and the analogue output stage of the CD5 from Power OUT B (SNAIC 5 needed). The Stageline can then be connected directly to the NAIT 5 through the powered AUX2 socket (SNAIC5 needed).

I’ll try to dig out a connection diagram for you…

3 Likes

Here’s the NAIT 5 connection to the Flatcap 2 taken from the user manual;

3 Likes

CD5 connection to the Flatcap2;

3 Likes

Stageline connection to the NAIT 5;

3 Likes

@Richard.Dane - Hold my Beer… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh yes, I understand. I hadn’t thought of wiring it that way but it sounds like a great idea. Thank you very much for your help, your responsiveness… and the diagrams! It’s very clear!
All the best,
Frédéric

1 Like

Thank you also for your warm welcome Richard.
Can’t wait to hear the results :wink:

1 Like

That’s a top system! Enjoy it.

1 Like

Great!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.