Focal App (Uniti) Equalizer

In my opinion the Focal App (Uniti Atom) needs an Equalizer Setting.
A simple Treble-Bass would already be enough to fine tuning some tracks.
Thanks

Tone controls are not Naimā€™s thing really so I doubt you will get your wish.
What speakers and cable are you using with the Atom?

I think the atom should have something simple too as itā€™s designed for bedrooms, kitchens, home offices as well as main systems. Iā€™m sure many would make good use of small treble and bass adjustments.
We have an atom in the kitchen and the speakers are far from in a perfect positions and no cable or port bungs will offer the adjustments required.
I do think Naim should consider the end user does not always have the perfect listings environments. ( Linn Do )

1 Like

Naim should give the user the ability of simple tone tuning.
There are different types of music (and/or recordings) that require a few adjustments, easily done with simple tone controls.

Iā€™ve always thought that Naim philosophy was to reproduce using the way it was recorded and intended to be heard. Iā€™ve never missed the confusion of having to fiddle with tone controls.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never felt the need for tone controls and Iā€™ve used Naim amplifiers since 1989 with a broad range of music and genres.

The simple Tone controls would be harmless for those who donā€™t need it but certainly would be of a very good use for those who would love to have that option. Just let the user decide for himselfā€¦

This question has been knocking around for decades and I think youā€™ll find that Naimā€™s view is that adding tone controls, even if defeat-able, will adversely impact sound quality and that is their absolute top priority. So unlikely theyā€™ll be doing so any time soon.

BTW I think there are two different issues at play here. One is room compensation. Actually, you can do this with modern Naim gear, such as the Atom, using Roon, I believe (Iā€™m not a Roon user myself). The other is ā€œcorrectingā€ poor recordings where tone controls might be considered useful. My own experience is that tone controls actually make a poor fist of this and Iā€™ve never found them particularly helpful. YMMV of course.

Roger

1 Like

Naim decided many years ago, not to offer this option.

You are free to go elsewhere, if you wish. Other manufactures I am sure will give you this functionality. But Naim are very unlikely to.

Why did you buy Naimā€¦? Its no secret that Naim do not ā€˜doā€™ Tone Controls.

Trying To Beā€¦

Sometimes they do. Mu-So 2.

This is DSP rather than tone controls and offers ā€˜near wallā€™, ā€˜cornerā€™ or none. This is because the Mu-So range are speakers themselves.

Not to forget the Loudness button - sometimes it could be really helpfull.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.