Focal Kanta 2 or Sopha 1 with Nova?

NACA’s days might be counted…

Madame Clare,

For your information instead of searching for it my system consists of:

Linn LP12 Akurate + CD5 XS + Nait XS 2 + FC XS + Celestion SL6Si Speakers.

I am considering of replacing the Celestion speakers with Kanta 1 speakers after an audition. My Naim dealer has informed me to go for a 202/200DR for the Kanta 1 speakers.

With respect to the Kanta 2 speakers he has advised that I go for 282/250DR/300DR.

I would like to upgrade though this path is out of the range of my bank account.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

Madame Clare,

With respect to the above response. I now feel safe in purchasing a Kanta 1 and possibly a ND5XS2 down the track.

Thank you very much for your time.

Warm regards,

Mitch from Oz.

1 Like

Clare needs to change her Forum name. Out with boring Clare Newsome. In with Madame Clare!!

6 Likes

I recommend you the past thread « Is it Insane to Pair a Pair of Focal Kanta 1 with an XS Stack? »

1 Like

Belpat, consider adding a Rel S/812 to the Nova/Kanta 2 system. Or lean in that direction when more funds become available.

Not tried the spore’s butHave had Kanta 2’s for a few months and they worked very well for me im just about to change as I like the Sonus faber nova range and are trying these now while selling my kanta 2’s on Ebay !
sorry I cant offer any help with the sopra’s but would have no problem recommending the K 2’s with a nova as do naim

Master legend NAC A5 will out live anything Naim have ever produced - it’s like an ancient god hidden in plain sight. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Stiff and inflexible, just like little old me.

3 Likes

I have a pair of AP Tempo Plus powered by an XS2 on my secondary system, and a pair of Spendor D7.2 powered by 282/200 DR on my primary system. Both are wonderful speakers, work very well with their respective Naim amplification, and I could happily live with either. These systems are in different residences, making a direct comparison difficult. That said, I probably enjoy the Spendors more, if nothing else because of the differences in the systems, the fact that Spendors are in a dedicated room, etc.

1 Like

Australian pricing isn’t any better-sadly

Have tried Focal Aria and also Kanta. Overly Bright and Forward with a weak bottom end “Headache givers”, with my Nait XS2. (just my opinion)

I thank everyone for the replies and suggestions… I made some significant improvements over the last few weeks. First, I would say that the Nova is now fully break in. Secondly, I tried some NACA5 (maybe to short… 2 meters)… I would say they are great cables but at the end of the day, I prefer my Tellurium. I finally decided to invest a few $$$ in room treatment… THAT… made a fantastic difference, to the point I could not believed. I am now pretty happy with the outcome and will mostly be keeping my Audio Physic… I am afraid to loose the amazing soundstage and details provided by the Audio Physic. The second option for me would be to go with an end game speakers and upgrade the NOVA later depending how it goes… I am so pleased to see a single box with a power cord and 2 speaker cables instead of multiple black boxes and tonnes of cabling that it would be a very difficult decision to go back.

Once again… thanks everyone.

5 Likes

A picture, if possible?

1 Like

One thing I forgot to mention… My room is a dedicated room for audio and cinema and is located in my basement… so, my wife told me, do whatever you want… this is YOUR room. Well… that was until she saw the final outcome :rofl: I must admit that the result is very very ugly with black and blue foams, but… I don’t care. All I want is the best possible sound I can get within my budget. So… if needed… we will listen music in total darkness hehehehehe.

2 Likes

If we cross her palm with silver, she might be able to predict our next purchases. All proceeds to charity :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.