Focal Naim America Status

The Aesthetics rhea is a bit dull…but nice sounding.
I am curious to read you when you will receive the Superline.

1 Like

I hope to have the SuperLine next week. It will be new so I’ll need to run it in for a bit.

I never looked back with regret at not hearing the Rhea. It was a long shot anyway.

1 Like

Arizona doesn’t seem to have a dearth of Naim/Focal products. IIRC Scottsdale(I think) has a Naim/Focal dedicated store. I don’t remember the exact details.

1 Like

All -

I’ve been in email contact with Focal/Naim America and received an RA label for a repair. So far they (Karl V, at least!) have been quite responsive.

No clue re shipping of new products, but the service/repair side seems to be working well. :slight_smile:

That cheers me up, because NANA spoiled a LOT of people with truly exemplary service, whether from Chris W or Chris K Or Dave D or . . . (apologies to anyone and everyone I’m missing!).

Well I for one have been waiting 4+ weeks for an upgraded streamer from my US dealer and have yet to see any shipping from what I have been told. No idea as to what is going on, but I might be looking at an alternative from another manufacturer if this delay is going to be much longer. Friend of mine has been waiting 5-6 weeks for a 500 to ship. Guess it’s not just me. :-1:

I learned that my SuperLine demo also hasn’t shipped (maybe today). They have it in stock but are on restricted staff in Montreal due to COVID-19 restrictions.

I totally understand the frustration of waiting many weeks though, but the pandemic has changed the game on so many things. My bike shop has one of my bikes for service. Normally they would have turned it around same or next day. After more than a week, not a peep. I’m OK with it though.

Hi Jnelson - Sorry to hear about your (and all the others having issues). I just heard from a trusted friend and my dealer (probably the same dealer for lots of folks on this thread) and it sounds like things are taking a terrible turn for Focal Naim North America and he is now looking to bring in alternative lines to fulfill their customer needs - very strange situation as they are one of the largest dealers in the country…

1 Like

A bit off topic, however I was surprised to receive today my Uptone lps 1.2 from the states, here in France, 3 days after having bought it. Fedex is quick.

Frenchrooster. Yep. I agree. FedEx is quick and for the most part does a wonderful job protecting these high dollar items. My issues and some other as well is not that shipping is a problem. My understanding is that it’s been over 4+ weeks and nothing has shipped. And my dealer is trying to get a status for me and others waiting for their components.

And Zackwater. I agree. It’s probably the same dealer. No clue what on earth is going on. I’ve been buying gear from him for as long as I can remember. These issues with getting product started in late January and gotten worse as of late.

Not bashing Naim. I love the product. And definitely don’t want to do a system swap because of this (but may have to). I have 5 Naim Components and need a sixth to finish my system off. This is more then patience. It’s not adding up.

1 Like

What are you getting @JNelson2000?

I said that because I wondered if some shipping services could be affected by a limited persons working actually, which could impact the time of shipping.
But I do believe that in your case it’s not a problem of shipping

Anyway, apart this particular thread, as I received today my Uptone, I was very surprised by the quickness, and specially during this particular period.

I hope you will receive soon your product.

By the way, I remember that you are a dealer in US. So you wait for products being shipped by the importer?

Another NDX2 for the bedroom.

1 Like

Nice. I love my NDX2, and that’s coming from a vinyl curmudgeon.

2 Likes

I am just an end user. I have made a friendship with my dealer over the years. I ordered the NDX2 back in early March from them.

2 Likes

That time frame puts you right in the middle of the covid-based closings. Nothing was happening these past 4-6 weeks; Focal Naim America was closed. I doubt that other manufacturers were doing much better from mid-March to date.

1 Like

I was wrong, my NAC 252 and SuperCap were shipped tonight from Plattsburg, NY directly to me in Arizona. I thought it would be from Montreal.

I added the SuperCap this week.

2 Likes

A SuperLine arrives at the dealer Monday, but they are normally closed. I suspect I’ll get my hands on it Tuesday to audition. If I like it that’s the one I keep.

1 Like

Glad to hear product is moving!!! Naim is fortunate that it has customers who are spending money right now; people ‘stuck’ at home and listening to hi fi are to be cherished as customers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy outcome for me in the end. After a week of auditioning a brand new unit at home I purchased it from my dealer today. It didn’t really take long for us to realize it’s a winner. My wife said that, and noted how a veil has been lifted from the music. What I notice mostly is the breadth, depth and pinpoint accuracy of the soundstage, and how smooth the treble extension is (that’s a big deal for classical music). As a classical and jazz lover that all really gives me the sense of live performance, and I love that.

For now I’m just powering off a 252, and I will order a 453R Airplug for it from Peter at Cymbiosis, but a SuperCap DR might (just maybe) be in my [distant] future to complete to full month top shelf classic series. In the meantime I might have to rebuild a bathroom. [ugh]

4 Likes

So the Heron , costing about the same, is not that good apparently?