Food in Isolation

Interestingly, I cleaned up the dusty breadmaker the other day, and really only have normal plain flour not the strong flour I used to use.

Maybe I’ve repositioned the fruit/seed hatch cleaning it, maybe it’s normal flour or Aldi yeast, but the bread seems to be cooking far more evenly, strange.

I’m having an 80%/20% standard plain/organic rye flour loaf with butter on for breakfast with some sausages etc baked as a variant of the 6 hour French rustic recipe - it’s absolutely delicious with some salted Welsh butter.

1 Like

Those Pana bread makers are amazing, we use it several times a week. Sales up 650% apparently

1 Like

Check this guy

My kitchen doesn’t have room for a bread maker, do it’s me.
I’ve been using what I have, no flour in the shops still so to eke out the strong flour I have been making a mix of ordinary plain and chapatti flour with it.
Similarly, I had little yeast, to prove it viable I made a sponge and gave been feeding that daily.
Most of out bread gets toasted and it’s quite edible.
On a couple of cooler days the rise has been slow. Then dearly beloved had a bright idea. Her black car sits on the drive and with only a little sun gets quite warm. Sure enough, a faster rise.

3 Likes

A solar proving oven - neat!

1 Like

I had a tube inserted in my stomach for 7 months
No food. Now i can eat real food ice cream with tomato sauce Etc

3 Likes

That must be a fantatsic change for you.

I suspect the mis-shaped bread is caused by different types of flour not being mixed evenly. The white flour I use definitely makes a taller loaf than wholemeal flour I use.

Since I’ve started mixing the flour by hand in a bowl before putting it in the bread maker, the shape of all loaves has been perfect.

Ah a bread thread might be required? In the meantime …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.