Football Season 2024/25

:crossed_fingers:
Iā€™m happy with what our new coaching staff has been saying and the recruitment of young players.
I think Knapper as Technical Director will prove to be a shrewd appointment.
Unfortunately we have to wait and see whoā€™s left at the end of August.

1 Like

Lo and behold itā€™s reported in the local paper today that Galatasaray have made a Ā£20 million bid for Sara!

Bewildered as to why weā€™ve signed another central defender. Parky obviously determined to do his best Mourinho impression with at least 2 players for every position. We desperately need at least 1 striker and arguably 2.

Debating whether to watch the stream of our friendly against Fleetwood this afternoon. Very likely to reveal our hand for the opening game. Could have bought a ticket but the club and Ticketmaster screwed up once again so no Compsnion ticket available. Equally large co@k ups with season tickets. New digital cards have been issued with 22/23 on them; some have 22/23 on the top and 23/24 on the bottom; some are claiming to have already expired and some are getting warnings of malicious code.

Inevitably, despite having bitten the bullet more than a decade ago to become a season ticket holder, Iā€™ve not had the email with the links. The backup is to be able to go into the ticketing site and get print at home tickets for just the one game. Inevitably i logged in and there was no such option.

Back to back promotions were great but the infrastructure has some serious catching up to do.

1 Like

So Summerville, as expected, has signed for The Iron, and for what is reportedly, a more than fair figure of 25m plus add-ons.

Sara appears to have gone to Galatasary, so we start over, looking at a replacement ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ and Ryan Kent is not that player.

Good luck for the future, Crysencio. :+1:

M.O.T.

2 Likes

Yep Dave, heā€™s really exciting the Hammers faithful. Really looking forward to seeing what he can doā€¦

COYI!

1 Like

He plays mainly on the left, and has perfected the knack of cutting inside defenders before drifting across the face of the penalty box, and unleashing right footed wide shots from distance, with enough fade on them to baffle the keeper.

Heā€™s a good 'un, and will be difficult for us to replace.

M.O.T.

1 Like

Which has long been a problem for usā€¦

I know how you feel I was looking forward to seeing Sara play this season.

1 Like

After our stunning pre-season I canā€™t wait for next weeks big kick off.

Iā€™m going for a lie down nowā€¦

2 Likes

It was a problem for us at times and certainly towards seasons end and at Wembley. I expect thatā€™s why he was (sadly) priced to sell. Will be interesting to see how he getā€™s on. Wish him well.

1 Like

Well, that was fun. Iā€™ve just enjoyed watching Celtic beat Kilmarnock 4-0 in the season opener. I hope the Bhoys can hang on to Matt Oā€™Riley, but it doesnā€™t look likely.

Funnily enough when weā€™ve had a good preseason we usually follow it up with a poor season so letā€™s hope the reverse is true.:crossed_fingers:

That thought occured to me as well.

But, donā€™t forget, this is Norwich we are talking about!

Seriously, unfortunately I canā€™t be more optimistic than forecasting an 8th to 14th place finish as things stand at present &, whilst I never considered it last season, I have had fleeting thoughts about the R word this time.

1 Like

I must admit the news that Sara had been sold was as devastating as the day we gave away Ron Davies to Southampton for Ā£65,000. (You never really forget major disappointments as a football supporter)
We do have a number of very good young players that compare well with any of the other clubs in this yearā€™s championship.
Much rests on our new coach and the final days of the transfer window but Iā€™m more optimistic than any time since we sacked Farke.

1 Like

I hope you are right about the new youngsters.

Your last sentence does not really fill me with confidence though!

1 Like

Any NCFC perspective on Adam Idah? From a Celtic perspective it looks like Norwich were happy to see the back of him in January but after a successful loan spell they are now playing silly buggers with the fee theyā€™re asking for him to move back up the road.
I suspect heā€™ll move eventually as it is clear that Celtic want him and he wants to go, all the rest is just posturing.

If anybody is playing silly buggers itā€™s Celtic.
An offer of Ā£4 million for a proven goal scorer is derisory.
We have him on a five year contract which means heā€™ll be no cut price bargain.

1 Like

11 goals in 70 matches for Norwich is hardly proven goalscorer material, if he were Norwich would probably not have let him go out on loan in the first place, and from what I can gather many NCFC fans were glad to see the back of him. It has been reported that when he went out on loan a fee of around Ā£3m would be enough to secure his services but having done well at Celtic it appears that Norwich have significantly moved the goalposts (as is their right) but this may well explain Idah not being a happy camper if he thinks Norwich have gone back on their word and are stopping him from making a move he is keen on.

Itā€™s his record at Celtic which ironically adds value. Many of his appearances at Norwich were as a sub. His record for goals per minute is not bad.
When somebody is on a five year contract you canā€™t expect a bargain.

I donā€™t think they are expecting a bargain but a fair price. Iā€™ve seen reports that Norwich are asking for something north of Ā£10m which if true is ridiculous and would explain the current impasse. It doesnā€™t do Norwich any good to hold on to somebody who clearly doesnā€™t want to be there so some sort of compromise should be do-able. FWIW I think a fee in the region of Ā£6m would be fair for a Championship sideā€™s 3rd choice striker.
Biggest mistake here is Celtic not negotiating a buy option at a fixed price as part of the loan agreement

1 Like