For those tired of downsizing threads…

ND5XS2, Naim DAC/555DR, 52, 135s, SL2s.

Nellie is very happy with 2 racks. :grinning::notes::musical_note::nerd_face::loud_sound:

Just celebrating a free SQ lift that came from removing the 3 glass sheets under my brains components earlier this evening, probably by reduction of microphony.

30 Likes

Artwork looks Anish Kapoor like…

1 Like

By a ceramic artist who’s based in the Hudson River valley of New York State. Jeff Shapiro.

Thank you for allowing me in. I’m planning to add another stack of Isoblue rack to accommodate some more boxes like cd5xs, fcxs, headline, and XPSDR that are in the cupboard now.

24 Likes

Get a grip, thats what the 350"s did to my speakers when I swopped out the 250 (My first mullet but loving it). I think @NigelB should have a home demo of the 350’s…happy to drive to Nigel’s with mine :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Cannot be fairer than that😂

1 Like

Interesting stack with the 500 above the 552…how did you arive at that…I am only asking as I am forced to use a single stack…have put all the psu’s at the bottom and the lower level stuff above…

Not so much thought behind it more than that I didn’t want to mess around with the full system so it was easy to get going. But once there I thought it was too beautiful to put inside the rack and I find it sounds wonderful. I have bought tall legs to put it at the bottom but I can’t do it since I love looking at it. It might be a small compromise in terms of sound quality. I don’t know. Too many opinions and I don’t want to mess around to much with my system when it works great :slight_smile: I’m one of those that can find the system sounds awful when moving a cable an inch :wink: It’s also a way for me to get all burndys off the floor (I have one empty shelf level below my boxes).

1 Like

Havin’ an 8 ball here…

6 Naims (+ Violetric) Fraimed + HCDR on Orea on the floor, and SC2 on its end JV style…good enough for Julian, good enough for me.

28 Likes

Have no plans to downsize anytime soon😎

33 Likes

I’m here to tempt you by saying how good your proposed hybrid system will sound :grin:

2 Likes

350s???

1 Like

Isobarik’s since 1983

1 Like

Been building our Naim system since 1982!
Lots of boxes as part surround system.

83 Likes

Wow

2 Likes

That is a kind offer, David, but I am still in resistance mode.

Must be strong!

3 Likes

:flushed:

2 Likes

My CDS2, on the top tier of left hand rack, is out of view

27 Likes

@NigelB :joy:

1 Like

My god !!! WOW :scream: