Found the invoice for my Dad's 1st Car. 1939

…you mean it’s not had an MOT since the system was digitised. Very likely it had MOTs before then. I just check on one of my cars that i have owned since 1995, and the online MOT history does not start until 2006. Under current rules any vehicle older than 40 years does not need to be MOT tested.

1 Like

You’re right.
I simply meant there was no history to pass on.
Keep it light. :roll_eyes:

When I get a free afternoon, I will see if I can track down the owner. Some bits that should stay with the car.

2 Likes

Surprising how a post can lead to a history hunt.
Very interesting and good to share. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just checked for my Dad’s Austin 7. Also 1933 and also still going strong.

6 Likes

My dads one

8 Likes

Was the traction engine his too? :grinning:

i wish!

he’s going to take my daughter to end of school prom in the little 7 which i reckon will get the most glances in the car park

2 Likes

Hope he moved it out of the way in time…

1 Like

I’ve made an attempt to find the owner of the car via the Austin 7 clubs. The invoice should stay with the car imho. We will see if I have any luck.

1 Like

I’d give him a copy, but the original is family history so I’d keep it!

1 Like

I would have agreed with you but we don’t have offspring to pass down to. Nephews and nieces wouldn’t be interested.

1 Like

Then donating it is a brilliant gesture. I wish you well.

One of the classic car magazines used to do a regular feature on cars and their life stories, with some colour about the owners. This is a great piece of the puzzle!

1 Like

I finally had a telephone conversation today with the owner after tracking him down via one of the Austin 7 clubs.
He bought the car as a restoration project after the previous owner let it sit doing nothing for 25 years. No history of the car prior to that.

I will send him my father’s invoice when I get back to the UK and any old photos I can find. He was very excited to get some history of the car.

He is going to send me photos of the car pre, during and after restoration.

11 Likes

Fantastic update.

Pleased for you and the new owner.

1 Like

That’s great I’m glad I posted the info now.

Yes, thank you, brilliant. It would never have occurred to me that the car might still exist. I will post some pictures when I get them.

1 Like

Look forward to that.
Small world these days. :+1:t2:

My father’s first car, when he had 6. Can’t find the invoice.

6 Likes