Fraim logo/decal

Got me thinking now :thinking: I’ll try one shelf up they have always been on bottom one. I’ve email Naim enquiring if they have some I know it’s only trivial but I like things symmetrical. Not ocd but I feel it adds finishing touch :thinking::slightly_smiling_face: to fraim

1 Like

Yes it’s an odd one as you’d logically think it would look best on the bottom level. I put mine there to start with but it just looked wrong. Moving them to the next level up looked right and that’s where they are now.

1 Like

Yes black on black would look better on yours imo. Are they easy to change?

I think not… The glue is SUPER sticky - and I fear for the veneer underneath. I’m not sure I’d dare.

1 Like

Some badge information for those who are interested!

The black badge was the first implementation of the single word naim logo added to a naim product as it was made for the loudspeakers. This was following on from the logos use on the manuals and its design origination - the naim CD label which Paul Stephenson asked me to create. The picture is of one of a pair that I picked up from the naim R&D department when visiting the factory not long after they were first made. Ironically, despite my connection to the design I have never added these to my own IBL’s, or either badge to my fraim, as I prefer them without!

I am guessing that in the early days of fraim the black badge was readily available so it was included in the box for customers to add. I do not know when the silver badge was introduced but as you can see from my ‘snap’, it is slightly larger than the black version, and has rounded corners. I am pleased to say that it does however retain the same custom lettering of the original, and also matches the current illuminated logo on numerous naim products.

7 Likes

I went top and have had many OCD moments about it being on the bottom, at least I know now.

They are quite sticky but not so you’ll damage the veneer. Just be careful prizing them away and you’ll also likely need to get rid of the sticker residue from underneath. For that I find this works really well:

2 Likes

I bought my Fraim new in Fall 2018 and both bases came with the black logos.

1 Like

I asked my dealer to order me a replacement
He just opened a draw and handed me a new one free

That’s naim service at its best

2 Likes

Why didn’t I think of this! I’ll just ask my dealer if he has one lying around.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.