FraimLite

Surprised you stub your cigarettes so close to the Nat Nigel :wink:

Hi @fdm

Absolutely nothing looks unbalanced and wrong with Fraimlite, just clean, functional and uncluttered - a great long term choice.

Full fat fraim is better, but I am sure that as it was also was created by naim, Fraimlite is still a sound improvement on most of the competition.

Mine even looks great in Black and White!

4 Likes

With full Fraim, the bottom of the glass aligns with the bottom of the leg, and the equipment itself sits equally spaced above and below. With the Lite, it’s unbalanced. IMHO of course, but odd enough that I could never live happily with it.

1 Like

My Naim dealer actually chooses to demo with Isoblue over fraim.
I have no experience of fraim to compare sound - but the isoblue sounds great!

1 Like

I suspect that because it’s much easier to set up and dismantle systems on Isoblue. No cups and balls to mess with, and sliding the shelves forwards makes the rear sockets very accessible. Of course, it’s cheaper too.

Agree Geoff

The fraimlites to me look far less cluttered than the full fraims, too much happening for me to live with

I happily live with the so called unbalanced look that others say

Yes I use the fraim on top shelves for main source isolation such as TT’s and that’s enough for me

All still sounds great

5 Likes

My view is that nothing is unbalanced or odd, it’s just a gap / space which is small with full Fraim and a bit larger with Fraimlite.

The proportion of the space above the naim boxes in the Fraimlite design looks fine, and it also means the equipment benefits by being slightly further apart (and likely cooler), as opposed to being crammed in tight above and below as on other racks.

Additionally, I will mention that I have always had my systems well away from the speakers usually on an opposite or side wall, never alongside them. Consequently, I am only facing where the sound is coming from and not looking at the source equipment (trying to see what lines up with what!) and I can focus solely on the wonderful music performances in front of me.

2 Likes

Is it a no no not to have a Base, but instead start with a standard Level from the floor? I’m just asking because the wooden plank of the Base is so close to the floor that cleaning or vacuuming the floor underneath it would not be possible unless the entire rack / system is removed from its position.

I’m extremely happy with my Fraim Lite which I’ve add glass shelves. Like a lot of these things seem some people hear and difference while others don’t. There’s no wrong or right it’s about what your happy with.

3 Likes

As is cleaning between levels and glass shelves. Urgh.

There is no scenario to me where Fraim looks better than FraimLite. Fraim is very busy looking. Lite is elegant. I’d rather have a little less performance and have Lite. Not to mention, if you follow the recommendation to strip down and rebuild Fraim every year, FraimLite will be less aggro.

2 Likes

Are you talking full Fraim or Fraimlite? In both cases, a base isn’t a whole lot more costly than a std level. And with Fraimlite I think there is a special deal that gets you both a base and a std level together at a really decent discount, at least in the US (i.e. for $200 more than just a base alone, or $400 more than just a std level alone).

What are the glass shelves sitting on Pete , not drilled into fraimlites or maybe are ?

They’re specially rounded nuts made by craftsman in China, apparently the highs are much higher and lows much lower. :grin:

Tbh I’m thinking I’ll ditching the glass altogether when I pack it up after we sell the house.

2 Likes

Keep one for your main source

I know overall the fraims supposedly increase overall performance but I’ve never tried, I just have the top glass fraim for TT and CD

1 Like

Then it would be unbalanced cause my NDX2 is on the second shelf.

You’ll see on my picture 2 DIY shelves. Toughened glass from the local glass shop, made to measure. Each supported on 3 stainless steel nuts and ball bearings from an Auckland engineering shop for about $20.

I have a spare Fraimlite shelf (no hardware). Today I ordered the stanchions, bolts, spikes and cups needed to assemble a Fraimlite shelf, which will cover the top of my brawn stack. I’ll feel better once the topmost SuperCap DR isn’t exposed to possible damage.

9 Likes

I like your mini Fraimlite :grin:

Hi @Cat_1965

A very interesting set up → Perhaps you could post this in the Systems Pics thread and tell us more?

1 Like