Further New Developments NAIS

I was talking to my dealer a couple of days ago, enquiring about the possibility of converting my Classic Series green lights to white. No can-do.

But he told me that nearly all the senior Naim people were currently in the USA working on a very exciting new project. Apparently Jeff Bezos, aware of the success of Naim in Bentley, has commissioned Salisbury to develop a 500 level audio system for his future space exploration craft. NAIS (Naim in Space) will be taking high end audio technology to a completely different hemisphere, indeed higher than ever before. The starting position will be the CI Series but given the environment the equipment will be working in there will be no need for a floating chassis. Focal will be providing embedded speakers but wireless headphones will of course be available. Source material will be provided by TIDAL or Qobuz both of whom are very excited about the prospect of enabling their product in this environment. The system however, will not be all wireless some new cabling is being developed - Super Lunar - of course de-coupled. Richard Dane said that he was delighted to be continuing as brand ambassador during this exciting and exploratory period of Naim’s development, but he would be available less often for Forum duties due to the training program he would be undertaking at NASA.

39 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Excellent!

2 Likes

What’s the date today…:thinking:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Good April Fools story,

2 Likes

Ha ha Lindsay👍

2 Likes

My dealer told me that Musk was also developing something similar for his STARSHIP it’s called the XN series. Xnaim

2 Likes

Richard Dane said that he was delighted to be continuing as brand ambassador during this exciting and exploratory period of Naim’s development, but he would be available less often for Forum duties due to the training program he would be undertaking at NASA.

If our moderator is absent because making hard training program, we will be alone and kill each other, using cables and boutique switches as weapons.

7 Likes

Looks like Burndy is on floor in that picture. Could make program come to an unfortunate end. Raise the cable!

4 Likes

Great one Lindsay!

2 Likes

Thanks for playing along guys, a nice reminder not to take this stuff too seriously.

Regards,

Lindsay

2 Likes

It’s for security of people walking around. They want to avoid someone stumbling over the cable.

2 Likes

Floating!

If NASA are prepared to sell me an old Space Shuttle, can I retrofit this exciting new Naim product?

And I thought that Richard Dane has been rather conspicuous by his absence on this Forum recently, so now at least we know why!

1 Like

April Fools Day!!!

Here he is in his Naim black outfit:

Sadly no green anymore in Naim.

4 Likes

NAIS development budget still couldn’t solve the problem of snagging the life support burndys on door handles.

6 Likes

Naaah - he’s much scarier than that!

2 Likes

Is this an April Fools joke?

Absolutely not

These are the NSB, the Naim Space Burndys

IMG_2810

6 Likes