Further New Products

With a bit of luck my Axis just needs a clean-up, new belt and oil. The Akito was an option when I bought it, I think the default was the Basik arm.

The main challenge with it will be replacing the K-9 cartridge.

1 Like

Or at least the stylus assembly - Audio Technica made it, there are some ATā€™s which apparently still work well with the K9 body.

Are any of them available in yellow? :rofl:

1 Like

My dealer told me today that Naim are going to launch a tin grey Classic system with black knobs bundled with a pair of tin Sopra speakers with concrete side panels.:astonished:

I said, ā€˜no chance, youā€™re pulling my legā€™, then I noticed todayā€™s date!

1 Like

Imagine if you had fallen for that you would have really felt you had been had :rofl:

1 Like

I would never fall for such a ridiculous idea!

1 Like

From John Darko on Youtube, the joy of music and review cliches, superbā€¦

ā€œBuchardtā€™s S400 MKII is a GIANT KILLER!ā€

Time then Richard to buy a Mk1 Quattro!

The guy isnā€™t really a friend, but Iā€™ve seen him around mostly in Waitrose car park! When I saw his car at the vintage rally just went and had a chat so donā€™t know what system. If is see him again Iā€™ll ask.

Reminds me though of when back in 1990 we bought a Cavalier as our first daughter had just arrived and needed space and it came with the upgraded Phillips unit with Dolby and metal tape setting. I bought some TDK MA X and made some tapes on my Denon deck from my Ariston and people were genuinely really impressed when I gave them a lift. Roll forward to when the Golf arrived a few years later which had a tape player and 6 disc CD and just how the tapes killed the CD. Similarly in my current BMW R3 on FM kills DAB or the CD/rips. To this day the tapes in the Cavalier and Golf were the best sound Iā€™ve ever had in a car. Progress?!

1 Like

Good effort. When I was about 8 or 9, our teacher spent an afternoon teaching us about the ā€œgoose neck wirelessā€ which was followed by a fairly substantial homework assignment. I still remember his huge grin the next morning when he told us it was an April Fools prank. Brilliant. :joy:

1 Like

Yes! I remember the TD1200 - deck of my dreams. Unfortunately, I couldnā€™t afford the beast but did get itā€™s little brother - the TD800 - same deck but with a manual, instead of auto, azimuth adjust. Sounded wonderful at first but, sadly, very trouble prone - so much so that my dealer ended up swapping it out for an Alpine 7347 instead.
Canā€™t believe that was almost 40 years ago! I maintain that system (Nakamichi/alpine head unit, Nakamichi 4 channel amp and Nakamichi speakers) was better than the Mark Levinson in my Lexus LS460.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.