Furutech Discussion

AVO sells the ultra HBL sockets which might be an option if you’re in the states.

Everything with NCF is aimed at mitigating microphonic vibrations so it is not transferred from wall to cable or cable to hifi. Same goal as Naim airplugs but using a vastly different method.

I’ve never bothered with it to be honest. I use Poweelines from my Furutech mains block but a Furutech Empire between wall and block. That’s not an audiophile lead. It’s from their pro audio studio range and costs about 1/3 of a Powerline.

1 Like

Has your main Naim system come out of storage yet?

They stopped selling them a few months ago IIRC

Thanks feeling_zen

Gotcha, I knew they stopped selling the big strip but thought they still had the outlets. I wonder how they differ from the furutech.

Nothing fancy - non NCF Furutech :laughing:

1 Like

It has! I’ve not hooked it up yet though. My speaker cables were too short in the new house by about 4m so I’m waiting on a new set to arrive from the UK. I expect it will sound rough as hell though for a while. The new room is in dire need of some rugs and furnishing.

Not sure. I love all the stuff I’ve purchased from AVOptions but I kept hearing about Furutech. Like most folks, I’m just trying to get the most out of my system. I have their Hubbel Deep-Cryo outlet and it’s excellent but I’m curious if there is something better without going too crazy. The power strip they sell, while excellent for the price I can only place 5 powerlines on it. I need 6 outlets now.

1 Like

For lower end hifi, where the supplied leads are way too long to hide gracefully, I’ve been known to take one standard freebee 1.8m lead, chop it into three lengths and just shove entry level Furutech mains and IEC plugs on the ends. Kind of like what Naim do with Powerline Lite.

2 Likes

Nice. I only have one Furutech mains cable which is made up of FI-28 (R) and TCS31 which I currently use on my DAC. Initially I had it connected between the wall outlet and power conditioner but the configuration had changed. The FI-50 (R) NCF and DPS4.1 used to be in my radar but the cost is too high so it was dropped. Currently I don’t need any mains power cable but if there is a requirement for one, I’ll surely give the FI-50(R) NCF and DPS4.1 a serious consideration.

The Furutech mains cable is currently the cheapest I own alongside Wireworld Silver Elektra 7 which I also have in the system. Other costly mains cables which I own include the Acrolink Mexcel 7N-PC9700 and 8N-PC8100.

May I ask how long did you own the FI-50 (R) NCF presumably fitted on DPS4.1? In my experience newly done Furutech cables require at least 4 to 5 months of continuous play before they sound good, especially the FI-50 plugs with NCF.

Have you tried the GTX-D (R) NCF outlet? It is excellent but long burn-in about 400 to 500 hours.

2 Likes

I tried multiple times to solder NACA5 and SA8s, but the joints I made were so poor that eventually not long after soldering they broke loose, I finally gave up and bought Furutech FT212G banana plugs, made from their so called alpha grade copper, very easy to install, works very well, was there a difference in sound presentation, could be, probably very subtle. What’s important now, when I move the speakers to clean up dust etc, I am not afraid the speaker cable will disconnect from the plug.

1 Like

Surely not A5?

What speakers will you have with the Naim system?

Have the Naim boxes been in hibernation for four years?

That may be true, but it does limit the success of that cable to users with enough foresight and patience to run them in until they sound good, and retailers who are willing to educate the consumers about the process, and help them get through it.

2 Likes

Yes, Fi50 NCF takes very long time to be fully run in. The Fi50+DPS 4.1 combination was with me for 6 months. DPS 4.1 with other plugs is okay, but Fi50 not. Maybe just not fit my system

2 Likes

Sorry, maybe it was a bit offensive. It is just that Furutech does not fit my system so well. And yes, you are right. Naim is not a good pairing with old Focals. When I purchased the system, I was new to the Hifi world and did not know much. Therefore, I tried a lot of cables and plugs over the years and figured out what fit or not to my system. My room treatment is also not ideal because of some limitations. After a lot of adjustment, I am more or less satisfied so far. I also realize the circle breaker or fuse holder dramatically affects the sound. You can also try and have some fun.

2 Likes

Still the Twenty5.23s. Atlas Hyper 3.5. Yes the boxes were in storage for exactly 3 years.

You don’t see much Atalas on the forum but the Hyper was designed specifically with Naim in mind.

I find Rhodium to be quite revealing, very similar to silver. If there is a problem somewhere, it will not mask it but in the right circumstances, it is beautifully accurate.

3 Likes