Furutech Discussion

It is true that Furutech products have been mentioned again and again in the forum. However, I don’t remember any similarly extensive and detailed discussions as, for example, about the Chord Powerhaus or Audioquest Niagara. Therefore, I am glad about this thread.

3 Likes

Ditto I’m glad for this thread. I mentioned above if the Chord Powerhaus was available in North America I’d probably consider it as I like their products, but it’s been well over a year and still nothing. Anyway nice to have options and people that are familiar with Furutech.

1 Like

Oh so you’ve met Caelin Gabriel ? I have, perfectly nice fellow.

1 Like

Sorry, that was my mistake, I confused his company with another that sells similar products & has a similar name.

1 Like

I was going to say… (yes, the Synergistic Research CEO appears to be a real ‘piece of work’). Shunyata is a Washington State company, and good folks, whether you believe/hear in what they sell or not.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing this up. I was going to say it couldn’t be from a Washington State company, we only have good people like me from here lol.

Anyway back to the Naim and Furutech etc

1 Like

I use their Destat III which is completely effective at removing static, unlike the Zerostat gun.

I’ve just built three Furutech cables; my pockets arent very deep so these are far from the best options but given i’m still mostly on olive series kit they are (theoretically) a step up from a mix of Russ Andrews power cables i had previously powering the Naim units from a MusicWorks mains block…

Furutech FI-1363 AG Silver UK Plug through FP-S35N/FP-S032N to a FI-48 NCF Ag IEC
Furutech FI-1363 Au Gold UK Plug through FP-S35N/FP-S032N to a FI-28 Au Gold IEC
Furutech FI-1363 Rhodium UK Plug through FP-S022N to a FI-48 NCF Rh IEC

A slightly unusual mix many will observe but i bought a items over a period of weeks when i thought i saw a sensible price.

Should i have put the rhodium plugs on the better cable ? I dunno but my thinking was that i’d run the cheaper cable to the Hi-Cap and the rhodium might have least impact there compared to the CDX and the NAP180.

I swapped them about 5 days ago, the system is always powered up, and i’ve had a few hours listening so far. Early days and am I truly hearing the true nature of the items at this infancy, but certainly i can hear significant differences. Playing Dire Straits Telegraph Road the drum strikes ca 11 minutes in seem to have a lot more thwack / energy / impact whilst revealing more detail, almost like the drummer got new drums !

More subtle tracks like Tracey Chapman or the Highwomen reveal much more detail in the vocal chords.

For those with far higher quality components than mine, you might already have that resolution, but even after a few hours i’m enjoying the music and suddenly finding more detail in a lot of my old CDs with the change of mains cable. Placebo ?

These are not some miracle cure, but given i’m not going to be rewiring a newish build house with (audio) compromised circuits, or fitting a load of acoustic panels into a small listening room. These , so far, are a small way to reveal more of my music and i hope they continue to bed in and give positive results

9 Likes

Most of my power leads have Furatech plugs, but I also found a small but worthwhile improvement, changing my wall socket for the NCT dual socket.

4 Likes

I find it facinating that you chose to pay a lot of money for these products. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

A company that makes various scam products should you not give any money. Just look at the NCF Power, distribution block, ++++

Just my humble opionions.

If all Furutech products were scam products why would Naim have used their plugs on the end of some power-lines ex-UK?

Furutech is a well-respected Japanese Hifi brand.

3 Likes

Not all, but many.
All their plugs have fine build quality. One of my Nait 1 amplifiers I own have a Furutech FI-E11-N1 G contact. Looks and feels good. If it changes the quality of the sound? No idea. I do not think so. But I can be wrong.

What about the Pure Power 6 NCF?
Or the Demag?

I seriously hope this isn’t about descend into “it makes a difference / No it doesn’t” thread.

They’ve been done to death and I feel this one is more about people discussing their experience of using the products and how they impacted on their system as a guide / help for others who do have an interest in these things.

5 Likes

Agree - I think this is an interesting thread… a number of respected members have had good results replacing their sockets - which I believe are Shuco…I am waiting for someone to discuss the UK sockets…

3 Likes

Me to. I have a few cables made with Furutech plugs, some of their cables plus Nanotec Power Strada. Each one has its own character which are often good but not always. Some better on source equipment and others better on power amplifiers.

For instance, The NCF Rhodium plugs didn’t pair well with the LPS for my Nirvana tube amp but have been excellent on most Source/DACs.

3 Likes

It appears rhodium…takes an age to deliver…I intend this year to install a dedicated Hi Fi supply using 10mm cable…into a single hi quality outlet…everything I have at the moment is rhodium…Wattgates/MCRU sockets…

4 Likes

Most definitely. I’d describe it more like the character swing of a teenager :joy:… for quite a while imaging / bass would be great then the next it would collapse. Yo just never knew what it would be like from one day to the next. In the end, to avoid the worst of it, I now have an adapter so I can use any new power cable on the chest freezer and just leave it powering that for a few weeks.

I have a couple of the Silver furutech plugs for the ones that don’t pair well with Rhodium.

1 Like

Good idea…

The mentioned publication is very dangerous in my view. They come across as very knowledgeable and fact based but those with real working knowledge of the topics they touch on can generally point out their massive lack of deeper understanding and even inability to interpret their measurements correctly.

Naim amps measure terribly according to them and I have a non Naim amp that apparently measures the worst they have ever seen. I’ve caught some amazing bloopers where they’ve just no clue about some topics at all.

I’m not big on tweaks and gadgets like NCF Boosters or NCF resonators. But Furutech ask dealers to let customers borrow them for free to make up their own minds.

7 Likes

I think it is good to be critical on what one uses his/hers money on.

The NCF Clear line is an empty shell. The coils are not connected. You pay for a name and some expensive plastic.