Furutech NCF Clear Line-E

Let me start by saying I am very pleased with my current set up built around 252/SuperCapDR/300Dr/NDX2/555Dr. Speakers are Sonus Faber Olympica NOVA III. I believe my set is quite balanced and answers to my taste very well. Gone are the days constantly considering new or additional black boxes. I now spend all my time listening and the investments I make in the system are solely focussed on tuning and small tweaks.

Bought a good PSU for my switch (honestly: all those threads on switches … I am convinced the PSU makes the switch … watch this), did some better cabling, dedicated spur for power and even went to Fraim. After first having a professional measuring my room, I also invested in acoustics and hope to receive my materials soon. Most of all these tweaks do relatively little on their own, but as a whole they bring the system up significantly.

Now, one of these tweaks was special. Solely based on one review I did read (it’s here, just use Google Translate), I bought a Furutech NCF Clear Line. It is an adapter that should be added to the mains block feeding your system and aims to remove noise in power circuitry. Please don’t ask me after the technical details or background. It arrived today. … don’t know how to express it exactly, but I am very impressed. Extra detail (and quite a bit), better stereo and imaging and more depth. The music seems to sparkle more. I am not the one who quickly starts “preaching” on a little tweak, but this one is worth it. Recommended.
Iver

3 Likes

I fully agree Iver. I bought one a few months ago and it made a noticeable improvement in my system (SN2, NDX2, Totem Tribe Towers).

It made the music clearer and better defined. A real bargain for the improvements.

2 Likes

Hi @DanielH ? I read somewhere that it needed a little run-in. What is your experience with run-in? I checked this review but didn’t see anything on it.
Iver

You should try the Furutech NCF Booster if your system can accommodate one of these tweaks. There are several versions of this tweak and I have one in my system (although it is recommended to have at least 2 in the system).

Similarly, positive experience. I’ve tried listening with and without this tweak several times and it has stayed with the system for good. I’ve written a short review in one of the threads here. It’s good stuff and I will eventually get one or 2 more of these NCF booster tweak in the near or distant future.

1 Like

Mine sounded great as soon as I plugged it in. It didn’t change much after that.

1 Like

Hey @ryder Highly interesting !! Does it mean you require such a Booster for every PowerCord? In my case that would be three (300Dr, SuperCapDr and 555Dr)

Hi Iver, it is not absolutely necessary to install this NCF booster at each power cord entry to components. The sound quality may become dead or shut-in with excessive use of this tweak. These NCF boosters can be used at the entry point to components or at the wall outlet, or both together. I have one at the back of my amplifier and will likely try another one on my DAC sometime in the near future. I don’t have any of these boosters on the wall outlet and don’t intend to add any there either.

In very brief words, the sound will become more focused with improved clarity when you install these boosters. Less smearing of details. The sound is cleaner and slightly more dynamic. I’m not sure what will be the effect if more is added to the system.

There is one type of booster to be used for the power cord, while another type for the interconnects and digital cable entry into DAC. These boosters can be used to support the speaker cable too but I don’t intend to go there as it will not only be cost prohibitive but sound quality-wise it may be an overkill if excessively used in the system.

1 Like

Sample photos of the NCF booster.

Anyone try one of the Furutech wall outlets? I have the Oyaide R1, and it is a big improvement over the stock wall outlet.

1 Like

There seem to be a lot of Furutech NCF Clear Line products. I have tried this one, which you simply plug into an empty spot on a power bar or wall outlet; it’s not an “adapter”. Very effective, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Yes, it is a great “Bang for the buck” improvement.

1 Like

Thanks @ryder : very good advice! I am very impressed by my NCF Clearline so might try on’ Booster for the powercord as you have
Nice!
Iver

1 Like

PPS just reviewed the NCF Clear line!

1 Like

Can you hear a difference using YouTube?
You put the NFC into the socket and your power cord plug into NFC? How does it work?
If I have 6 power cords connected to my powerblock, I need 6 NFC ?

You don’t need an NCF for each power cord. Just one does a great job, but you can add more.

Even if I have no socket unused?

1 Like

Hi @DanielH … I spent the weekend carefully listening to it and even asked some relatives to confirm my thoughts. It is brilliant; best tweak I ever made
Iver

2 Likes

I think you answered your own question. You need an unused socket.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.