Furutech NCF sockets

That’s exactly what the Furutech socket provides. Not only that it’s made with better quality components I.e rhodium plated copper

2 Likes

As someone who has played around with DIY power cords in the past, I would say no it isn’t only about having a firm & tight connection. Using different ends with different materials/plating had a significant impact on the sound.

4 Likes

Fitted was a wrestling match at first as i didn’t move a few things to allow easier access.
The socket is very nice, you can see lots of design details, the choice of materials.

Anyway, I will post some thoughts later.
Told her in doors just swapping sockets.

3 Likes

:grin:when I’m tweaking my system I close myself away in my room and make up nonsense that I’m doing some very important work.

Thanks for the pics. It really helps. I placed my order about 3 days ago so hopefully I’ll have these installed next week.

How did you find bridging the sockets?

Like others suggested i bridged the left socket with some 2.5mm, i table top fitted the bridge to the left socket, the clamps are the business, though i over loosened one and had to reattach it.

The right socket bridge cable and 2x 2.5mm E,N and L took some patience to get it just right.

Ok so far from the first note, the bass is now deeper and taut, a bit over powering at the moment.
Beyond that a bit more hash removed, but at the moment it sounds a bit lifeless no mojo.

Will report back if and when it improves or not.

It just reinforces the GIGO mains power and network switch for me and i dont even have a dedicated spur yet.

It needs +300h to sound as intended so let music flow and try not to think about it too much for now :blush:

3 Likes

I wonder if running a hairdryer on it for 2 days straight works as well. :sweat_smile:

Those that tried claim so :smile:

Oh no hopefully not as up and down as the Synergistic Research power leads, fuses.

I was thinking purely standby, not sure her in doors would be happy with a hair dryer going for 48hrs.

Interesting there is always another thing to improve in this hobby :slightly_smiling_face: Got a Chord powerhaus and now only need a oneway wall socket. The ncf version is rhodium plated but my cable gold plated, would the ncf-rhodium still be preferable to the cheaper non ncf version that also come as gold plated?

Perhaps this will help you to decide

2 Likes

So 12 days on, on and off listening but always the same albums or playlists,

Bass is now not bloated, but softer if that makes any sense.

Overall it provides a little gain on everything, giving little given a great overall gain.
Minor quibble is mid if more forward.

To sum it system just feels more dynamic yet relaxed, as in not rushed, or thrown out of the speakers.

A bargain upgrade, but not the nasty but posh looking wall socket it replaced and still no dedicated ring, spur.

1 Like

I have had mine installed and run the system for about 24 hours now. Along with my 552 which still isn’t anywhere near what it should be I’ll refrain from posting any impressions as so much needs to burn in I wouldnt know exactly what’s causing the sound difference. I will have to revert to older tested amplifiers from the old socket to gain any meaningful impression

Don’t worry just enjoy it.

I recall when I ordered new power cables, fuses, ethernet and USB cables, I wanted to sequentially introduce each item, after the first 3 I though sod it and did the whole lot in one go, I knew from the first 3 it was good, but the total one shot change was a big shift.

1 Like

Another 9 days on bass has gone a bit bloomy, but midrange is sublime, but that half hash removal, whereby you can make out more details, just about.

Vocals are very rich, clear.

I’m experiencing a less exciting sound overall. Although my cables, my 552 and the Furutech socket are all new. So I’m just going to have to sit and wait. God this is frustrating. Lol. Everything is nowhere near where I expect it to be.

200-300 hours will do it. If there is a standard socket next to the Furutech on the wall, you can swap and compare once the burn in is all done to evaluate the differences. Patience is the key and you would be amply rewarded.

1 Like

2-300 hours of music playback or just amps powered on into the socket?