Futureshop Scam Email

Wasn’t sure where to post this but hopefully this is the place where most people are likely to see it.

I today received an email supposedly from Futuershop saying that I was eligible for a VAT refund of £127 as I had been inadvertantly over-charged on previoius purchases. It asked me to click on a link to initiate the refund process.

The email looked absolutely genuine on the surface but I strongly suspected it was a scam. I contacted Futureshop and they confirmed that it was a scam - known to them and that it was absolutely nothing to do with them. Apparently it is not a targeted thing - they have had many people contact them who were not even customers.

So be aware. If you receive such an email do not click on any links. Just delete it.

6 Likes

And forward it to the online fraud site :+1:

ATB, J

2 Likes

I tend to forward anything like that which the ISP has not already alerted me to, to report@phishing.gov.uk and

1 Like

… …… …… …… ?

.sjb

Oops typo, but in addition I would copy to my ISP provider and email supplier if different.

Also many companies and banks have their own email addresses, e.g.
spoofing@amazon.com
phishing@tescobank.com
internetsecurity@barclays.com
phishing@santander.co.uk
phishing@hsbc.com
…etc

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.