Game of Thrones finale SPOILERS

I am waiting with scant patience for the books! Having filled in the details I think I will be able to revisit the last few seasons as an abridged version of the real story.

It is a crying shame that GRRM was unable to keep ahead of the seasons as he had hoped and planned. His attention to detail would have resulted in a ten season series without inconsistencies and better plotting and dialogue.

I only saw the last episode but was filled in on the plot of previous episodes by my son. I thought the episode I saw was predictable in parts. Glad I didn’t waste another 63 hours of my life watching it.

They have always had the endarkerator turned up way too high, and it has been mimicked by far too many other shows. Watching some of the “making of” clips at the end, you see how much light they are really shot in. I would have liked to be able to see what’s going on as well.

I was okay with the last few episodes. They had to dispose of the characters somehow, and they couldn’t start anything new. My son thought they could have made it more fun. Instead, I think they gave it a real life ending. Varys did the right thing and was killed. Tyrion got smart too late and was sentenced to die. Jon did the right thing and was swept out with the trash.

I think the last episode was about half an hour of drama up to the major event (I am sure you know what I am talking about) then 1 hour of epilogue tying things up.

I was expecting more surprises, for example Jamie and Cersei being not dead, or the white walkers coming back, but no – it was full steam ahead to a happy ending.

The major disappointment was the ease at which the major threat of the whole show, the army of the dead and the white walkers, was done away with. Surely the Night King knew that he was vulnerable and that killing him would be the end of his people and yet goes prancing about the countryside putting the whole of his race at risk! What a moron! Anyone with any sense would have stayed safely indoors.

Why did he make a beeline for Bran Stark. My interpretation at the time which proved to be on the right lines, is he knew Bran would be a threat in the future, which of course, he would have been if Arya hadn’t done her thing.

They killed 8 years within one episode…bad.

As ever the devil is in the detail. “drogon was last seen flying east”
East of Westeros is Essos. The last rule of the Valyrians.

Fans obviously don’t have the imagination of its creator.

Red witch brought Jon back from the dead. Who’s to say there’s not some green warlock who can bring Daenerys back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.