Gardening

Thank you

Do you know whether they survive in a spot with say 2 hrs direct sunlight per day?

I really like these planters but they cost north of 2k!

3 Likes

I got this nice red currant as a birthday present. I’ve put it in a pot and am tempted to seed either rucola or garden cress in it too. Is that a good idea or is it better to keep the pot clean with just the red currant.

(Note the welcome raindrops!)

1 Like

I’ve stopped lawn mowing a few weeks ago

This is the result

2 Likes

They are in a south facing garden

1 Like

My earliest experience was my mother had planted them to cover part of the garden that was essentially builders rubble, that was full sun.
In some areas of southwest England they grow as a garden escape in all sorts of locations.
According to the RHS website it will grow in full shade

1 Like

It looks fab!

1 Like

They look the type that you can remove the sides to root prune. I’ve been meaning to do this for the past 5 years on 3 main plants (plus more), but still haven’t had the time to finalise the design and build. 2 grand is a farce. I’ll come up with something, watch this space.

2 Likes

Come back with a truck late in the night. :grin:

1 Like

That’s an effective thought. Can I contract you? These are the ones in front of the Dior shop in Paris:

1 Like

Yes , our native wild flowers :bouquet: seem to be very drought tolerant

1 Like

Might take a few of us. :grin:

Reminds me of the Inspector Clouseau film with Peter Sellers talking to the blind man (robbery look out) with the “Minkey”
Sure your team could do better?

1 Like

With our knees and backs…

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Very hardy plants IME, which can go without water for a bit and benefits from a severe (near to ground) reduction every few years, otherwise the stems and spread can get ‘woody’.

The flowers are quite short-lived though, only appearing for me in June and a few weeks afterwards.

Vegetable garden in full flow.

13 Likes

Not big on flowers or scents but when the wall of honeysuckle is in bloom can’t keep away.

9 Likes

That is the business …

2 Likes

Unfortunately it means I probably pay twice as much as I would at the supermarket but the taste is better.

5 Likes