Gardening

Got out before it rained today and mowed the lawns, yay!

2 Likes

Planted a few things yesterday, but not much chance of doing much today - the monsoon season is in full swing - this month has been #*!@

2 Likes

The wall looks far from being an eyesore, have you considered (I’m sure you have) just creating an entrance to the adjacent land?

Thats the way to do it, no nasty chemicals or preservatives either!

1 Like

The master plan is to build a garden room on the western end of the house, which will extend into the new land. There’s a height difference too, with the new land being ~0.8m higher. So ‘the boss’ thinks it would look best with the wall lowered so that it still serves a retaining function, but allows unhindered views onto the extended garden.

I do like your thinking though!

1 Like

Actually Lidl, same principle

1 Like

Living in the city we do have a small back yard and do plant some flowers and grow some vegetables and fruit. …a few photos.

13 Likes

…and from the side of the house

19 Likes

Good thinking … more study required, especially on the chemical transport mechanisms involved. At the moment my hens get the benefit.

Here is a pic of one of our veg patches, its from last year but this year looks more or less the same

7 Likes

One, how many do you have.

Are you giving the plants beer?

1 Like

Two, but the second one is more twice the size and theres an orchard at the front, plums, mirrabelles and cherries :grinning:

We also allow the sheep - in the background to graze our field below and have half a lamb now and again.

3 Likes

Stops you getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick! For when we pick out nearby weeds.

1 Like

Good idea. Thought maybe they kept birds away too?

1 Like

It did cross my mind that a wind induced rattle may help get rid of them

We’ve had so much rain lately - I’m absolutely delighted, after two dry years. A green lawn, shrubs and perennials that are actually showing an interest in life again, an Austrian pine that doesn’t pump all the water out of the soil - we’ll probably have more aphids and mildew, but I can manage that.

14 Likes

Nice Acer too!

1 Like

I wondered why it had shadows :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: -last year’s sun

Very behind this year and underwhelmed at the thought of any gardening

If this weather stays thinking of changing from Ian2001 to The Dreich Gardener

Hi Ian,
Everythings a bit late this year but only a week or so behind and plenty of sunshine, just been a bit of a cold wind and changeable but next weeks looking good

1 Like