German Physiks

The emperor line includes an integrated, a pre amp a stereo power amp a pair of monoblocks and an electronic crossover.The pre - power are around 50000$.

1 Like

@Yeti Are you specifically after an radial omni speaker design?

I gave some thought to Decware Turning Point HR-1 a while back which are a hybrid design. Almost any Naim amp is way too powerful for them though. They are a bit more common (though still definitely nothing on the forum). Might be a bit low end for what you are after though ($5k ish). Bear in mind the cost is direct to cust.

Not bad, only 73 k for the Emperor integrated.
How about the Vac Statement integrated, for 150 k ?

What I’m after is scale when appropriate and a wide sweet spot so that it’s not just a one man system. They also have to cope with a large room with plasterboard walls. The electronics are staying as they are with the possible exception of a second 555ps. I’ll be using profit from my house move for most of the funding and there is some dependancy on the pound euro exchange rate when it comes to budget, I reckon €30000 might be available if Russia doesn’t send the markets haywire before I complete.
The idea for omnis stems from hearing what the big NBLs could do a few years ago at the Munich show. At the same show I wasn’t all that taken with Magico and in the Naim/Focal suite, where they were launching the ND555, the room where they had the Naim Statement with the biggest Focals sounded like a disaster. MBLs are supposedly not a good match for Naim, though I’ve not put that to the test.
As set up in our apartment in a room 6m by 7m with NBLs against a solid wall I don’t quite have the scale for symphonic music, nor can I turn it up enough but the sound is 3D and the sweet spot would just about encompass a three seat settee, though at the moment we have two chairs in the space. The system can move me physically and emotionally, which is something I don’t want to lose.

1 Like

Ahh now I see. Whether sonically your cup of tea or not, I cannot say, but PMCs have truly great horizontal off axis response. You can totally get a stereo image that hangs together when you are well off to one side (like metres outside the boundary of either speaker). Your budget would definitely cover something like the IB2se. Though anything more and one NAP500 is probably going to struggle in a large room.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.