Getting sick and tired of my Naim Muso QB1

Using an Ethernet cable instead of the prehistoric 802.11g WiFi in your Muso would more than likely solve the problem, as would moving to a Mk2 version which has greatly improved wireless performance.

Did you replace your NAD multi-zone with the Rotel? (I remember you had an impressive multi room setup in another thread) Are you feeding the Rotel from your Naim amp/streamer?

Have had a QB1 for 7 years now, connected through one of those dreadful power-to-ethernet adapters. No issues. We mainly use it to listen to radio theater and very very very rarely as background mood enhancer for when my wife makes love to me. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Indeed.

Sonos?

I have a Muso II , only piece of Naim gear I have, but it does work perfectly…

Yes! Fine memory!

My lovely NAD CI-9120 died due to one or more possible insults: Panel replacement surge, or erroneous reconnect to Line instead of Pre out.

I considered repairing the excellent NAD amp, but it weighs 75 lb, and I now need help moving it. It is still in limbo, waiting to be hauled to the recycler.

I think the Rotel sounds about as good, at half the weight. Nice digital panel zone controls and convenient zone limiters are a bonus. A/B amps, to boot! A few months later I would have considered a Naim CI amp.

No regrets though, so far.

Nick

1 Like

I’ve had that very occasionally. Irritating when it happens but fortunately not often enough to really bother me. Based on a problem I had at one point with the Nova, I’ve often wondered, on a purely non-technical layman’s basis, whether it is something to do with the 5Ghz band.