Glastonbury 2024

I see the line up has been announced…

Hopefully Heilung will be broadcast.

3 Likes

Looks great

PJ Harvey is the only thing that would interest me.

5 Likes

I can tell I’m getting old, I have not heard of most of them.
About 20 I recognise.

5 Likes

Snap , plus those I have heard of I wouldn’t spend money going to see, except for Coldplay,
But at my age I couldn’t put up with the sanitation at festivals. to many bad memories and smells

2 Likes

Agreed, except that I think I would pay money not to see Coldplay.

12 Likes

nice line up, I would go for Cyndi Lauper, Kiwanuka, Idles, Fontaines, Yard Act, Black Pumas, Sampha, London Grammar… something for every taste

BTW never heard of Heilung, I just know the meaning of the German word, that’s it :wink:

Is there any?

1 Like

Shocking lineup, possibly the worst yet. Having said that it’s a fantastic experience and so much more than the music. I’ve been 4 times over the years and have wonderful memories.

I was hoping AC/DC would be one of the headliners this year :metal: seeing as they are in London the following week!

3 Likes

I think it’s a very good lineup. Very diverse, current and something for everyone.

As a family we will very much look forward to cracking a few tinnies open and enjoying the BBC coverage at home. Powered by Naim

3 Likes

OTOH some real rock music:

2 Likes

Where’s Billy Bragg. The D’Urberville Ramblers and John Shuttleworth ??

Only in the first 30 minutes

No Saxon this year? :wink:

Why are all the band names so dark and depressing? Is there no place for bands with names like ‘Pretty Flowers’, ‘Chocolate Eclair’ or ‘Lovely Puppy’?

Heilung describe themselves as a Nordic Ritual Folk Band from Denmark, Germany and Norway. They dress up and perform what they take to be shamanic rituals. Heilung have an affinity for Metal and indeed appeared at Wacken previously. I think that they may find a larger audience as they have recorded a soundtrack to the Hellblade video game. YouTube will show you them in action.

2 Likes

‘Soil’

LOL.

G

They’re only happy when it rains.

2 Likes

That’s a great song.

Coldplay for the 5th time. Jeebus!
How is Shania Twain fit for the “legends” spot?