Great albums with awful covers

I think they had plans at the time to bring Iggy Pop or Jess Rosen in to replace Jim Morrison.

Yes, Jess was a candidate…not sure about Iggy tho.
Iggy did get Jim’s leathers tho, iirc.

And then of course, there was Doors 21C, Astbury and Roden I think…but no John. Not Ray and Robbie’s finest hour imho…

1 Like

A twofer from Millie Jackson: Extra Sexual Persuasion & Back To The Sh*t (possibly the most ill-advised of any on this thread so far).

7 Likes

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 13.02.25

Sia’s Christmas album I think. No idea if it’s any good the cover put me right off.

2 Likes

Mustn’t forget Björk’s weird one:

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 13.04.41

4 Likes

Or this (a shame, because the album is excellent):

FKA Twigs - Magdalene

4 Likes

It’s a masterpish.

1 Like

Did she appear on Star Trek? If not she certainly could have.

2 Likes

Nooo… I’ve always loved the full gatefold sleeve of Ram. And it’s a wonderful album too, my favourite of his post-Beatles.

9 Likes

Agreed!

Millie Jackson. Was there nobody brave enough to say “Millie that cover is not a good idea “

1 Like

Surely she could figure that out herself…

2 Likes

Not sure if that was a response to the Goldfrapp Black Cherry cover?

If the covers have put you off the music I’d certainly suggest trying a few of their albums, my three favourites (of mostly different styles) are:

• Felt Mountain
  • Supernature
  • Seventh Tree
3 Likes

Sadly no

At least Millie had clean knickers.

1 Like

The same thought occurred to me! Of course, he should be wearing wellies. :rofl:

And yet it’s still the Dylan album I play the most. It’s a shame about the front cover because when it’s opened up it reveals some great photos

1 Like

I’ve read a thread somewhere that suggests that it is all Lou Reed and counter argument about Cale but this album would certainly not be as iconic without Nico

Bring it on - I’m up for a fight!

Having said this, I’ve just been having a listen (courtesy of Roon and Tidal) to some early John Cale albums and to my slight surprise really enjoying them.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to decipher why there’s a naked bloke posing on a brain, but I give up. In much the same way that I gave up trying to understand the appeal of Rush.

5 Likes