Great albums with awful covers

Sounds like insider knowledge to me!

1 Like

Is it something to do with cerebral dominace where traditionally one hemisphere has been linked to artistic/creative traits, the other to practical/analytical skills - it’s considerably more complex than this in reality of course!

1 Like

Possibly. After all, what says artistic/creative more than a naked geezer doing his best Nureyev pose?

1 Like

A1cEF0raMeL.SS500

Here at stately Bhoyo Manor, we’re big fans of the Aussie prince of darkness. I love the album, and have tried to like the cover. But, to me, it still looks more My Little Pony than Stagger Lee.

@bhoyo F@&k me. Tough customer you! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ha! I’m a big softie – unless I’m sitting at my keyboard. :wink:

This definitely counts as an awful cover. At the time I bought it I really didn’t like it, having loved his previous two albums. Beautiful Way is just playing on RP so perhaps I need to give it another go.

2 Likes

Then there’s this on the recent reissue.

At least it’s in monochrome.

4 Likes

Bob Dylan. Empire burlesque. Actually contains some great tracks including one of my favourites “Trust yourself “ but at the time it was difficult to get past that pose and wide lapel fashion.

5 Likes

Oh dear.

13 Likes

I need this album!

1 Like

Agreed. See post #79 :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Igahman,
sorry missed you post #79.
Richard

1 Like

Good album. But really. Nothing to do with the music, what were they thinking?? Utter bollocks imho.

R-6035279-1414591119-6477.jpeg

4 Likes

an avant-garde wonder. Gimme that old time religion any day

2 Likes

A great album, with an equally great cover. However, this would have been the cover had Roger Waters not overridden Storm Thorgerson:

4 Likes

yes, it would have been a tad unfortunate wouldn’t it

Storm’s original idea for the cover of Meddle was going to be a photo of a baboon’s anus, but strangely, the band didn’t think this was a good idea. :rofl:

5 Likes

so it ended up looking like a fart in the bath

3 Likes