Greatest Hits or ‘Best Of...’ albums

Greatest hits/best of album with a difference. All songs re-recorded and all better than originals. An exceptional album.

2 Likes

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady. Stands up as an album in it’s own right IMO, and not one track on any of the other albums (which I also have).

1 Like

The Stranglers Peaches The Very Best Of

I was never a great punk fan but this has some great tracks on it and it confirms what a brilliant band the Stranglers were and still are.

3 Likes

Close to perfect:

3 Likes

Around '77 Reprise records asked Joni Mitchell to select material for a ‘Hits’ album:

which she accepted to do at the condition that she also did a ‘Misses’ partner album:

Some releases from the past of the two discs are AAD, which I appreciate greatly. Although I have the complete box of her Reprise and some Geffen CDs, I think that the pair of matched ‘Hits and Misses’ is a splendid way to have Joni Mitchell at her best in just two discs.

4 Likes

I agree, excellent collections. Which may also have inspired Peter Gabriel to do something similar with his 2003 double CD greatest hits collection, ‘Hit’, which had the second CD titled ‘Miss’.

1 Like

And whose existence I ignored. I may look for it.

Ciao,
M

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.