Guilty Pleasures...the flip side of The Most Hated Song

Prefer this cover to Todd Rundgren’s original. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

For me it’s Middle Of The Road’s, Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep… word perfect and have a party piece with a good friend where we harmonise together singing it… they tend to be rather drunken parties… :grinning:

5 Likes

Hocus Pocus by Focus. My go-to track if I am feeling down. I love everything about it, even the yodelling.

10 Likes

Love it. I remember my Gran buying me the single (picture-sleeve) when I was about six years old. Not sure what happened to it, probably lost or thrown out during a house move in the seventies.

1 Like

I’ve never heard that Chirpy Chirpy song before so i checked it on Youtube, and it instantly reminds me of:

(which is also a guilty pleasure of mine… :innocent: )

1 Like

I’m wide awake by Katy Perry, liked it since it came out and the only video of hers I watch with the sound turned up

3 Likes

Zoom by Fat Larry’s Band, bloody love that song.

6 Likes

Of the about half on here I recognise, i could have listed about half on the other thread if anything had popped them into my head!

It’s become a bit of a cliche now with it being in the final episode of sopranos and on featured on lots of ‘singing’ shows, but I still love don’t stop believing by journey. I bought it on 7 inch single in the very early 80’s, it came with a free sew on patch. Still reminds me of happy, simpler times.

It’s a great song.

2 Likes

Another example of how there are huge differences in musical taste taste amongst us…

6 Likes

There, I said it. I feel better now.

2 Likes

Great pop, great fun. She had some great videos but seems to have gone off the boil.

Rockin’ all over the world by Quo.

Indeed most songs on 12 Gold Bars.

And then at Christmas “Rock n Roll”

Hard to imagine now but in the 70s concerts were banned in the Stadium for a while after Quo fans thrashed the place!

.sjb

4 Likes

Oooh that’s quite an admission.

ABC, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, Thompson Twins and Soft Cell.

Hangs head in shame, off to play some prog or Marilyn Manson.

3 Likes

Haha, @litemotiv & @Fetchezlavache. In the car, I sometimes listen to Lady Gaga remix. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m a fan of this 80’s remix of Bad Romance, the video also really finishes it off:

1 Like