Guilty Pleasures...the flip side of The Most Hated Song

I was in the National Stadium in 1973 for Quo’s “Piledriver” tour but I don’t remember any trouble. Mind you, I was air guitaring in front of the stage and it was probably my first gig (either Quo or Horslips, I can never remember!!) so I don’t know if this gig was the offending article or a later one.

Rowdy Quo fans? Surely not!!

Yeah and of course this is just my memory of the late 70s and being told this by a mate. Never any reason to disbelieve him though!

My first gig, I can remember, Lizzy in Simonscourt on their Chinatown tour. :guitar:

.sjb

1 Like

Haha this is great! Many Gaga tunes are used for dance so those are the pictures that came to my mind. Shame I watched this version without getting off my couch. :sweat_smile:

Omg, I live under a rock. My first introduction to Sarah Brightman was Phantom Of The Opera and then many opera pieces like Time To Say Goodbye. :fearful:

1 Like

I thought it was Rene and Renata, Save Your Love?

We have this tv show in The Netherlands where Dutch singers sing songs outside of their normal repertoire. I thought this one where Floor Jansen (singer of the metal band Nightwish) does Phantom was really great:

4 Likes

Floor Jansen (singer of the metal band Nightwish) does Phantom was really great

Very nice indeed. Henk Poort’s singing is awesome too. Such power and conviction! :heart:

Nightwish’s earlier singer, Tarja Turunen, was a trained opera singer before Nightwish, and has also sung Phantom. Maybe Floor Jansen had a similar background, maker her fit the symphonic metal style set be her predecessor: in which case singing Phantom is not out of her comfort zone, even if different from her style as singer of Nightwish.

Yes good point, that could very well be the case!

‘Everything’s Gonna Be Alright’ by Sweetbox

Combining hip-hop with classical, it shouldn’t work on any level, but it does it for me.

I’ll leave now…

3 Likes

My wife does kitchen discos using her laptop. Sounds like the proverbial wasp in the proverbial jam jar.

1 Like

For me…

Summer (the first time) Bobby Goldsboro

Not afraid to say… brings a tear to my eye.

Beautifull music, lyrics and vibe.

Made me think of Me and You and a Dog Named Boo. Thought it was also sung by Bobby Goldsboro but it was apparently Lobo.

2 Likes

Mrs AC uses Alexa when she’s ironing and sings along to 80’s playlists, she really needs some Autotune, sometimes it’s so bad I’m convinced she’s singing badly to annoy me.

3 Likes

This will be recommended to my better half.

Omg, hope neither Mrs AC nor her friends follow this public forum. Thank goodness there’s always the delete button where required. :rofl:

1 Like

Miley Cyrus and Mark Ronson- nothing breaks like a heart. There I’ve said it… full catharsis!

1 Like

My daughter was mortified that I was playing Miley Cyrus - it was a Roon Radio choice after Sophie Ellis-Bextor’s offering above playing as we tidied up the hallway.

The case for defence rests my lord!
I have no such defence :cry:
Luckily I am yet to be caught by a family member.
She was one of my daughters favourite tv characters as Tracy Beaker- she’s changed quite a lot!

1 Like