Guilty Pleasures...the flip side of The Most Hated Song

My main music for 50 odd years has been jazz but I really like Vienna by Ultravox.

7 Likes

Wrecking Ball is a track enjoy much more than I should. (I’m not talking about the video)

1 Like

Funnily enough I rather liked the video but very little memory of the song🤣

2 Likes

I love rock n roll but now by Britney Spears

I actually like her whole album Britney.
Bit sad what has happened to her since

Similar thing with Holiday by Madonna. I was younger then. Should know better now

2 Likes

Sophie Ellis Bextor, ‘Heartbreak’ in fact almost every one of SEBs early dance / disco songs

4 Likes

I’m enjoying Harry Styles’ Golden.

Ooh I feel better for getting that off my chest.

2 Likes

In that exact same category I have Scooter’s " Move Your Ass". What can I say.
(Take off your shirt and wait for further instructions?)

1 Like

Roon Radio has a lot to answer for.

Had it playing in the background and thought that’s nice pop harmony, I wonder what the song is? When I got to the computer (Core), my heart sank, it was the title track from this:

3 Likes

I remember as a lad when Madonna’s “Erotica” was released. I opined that the film clip was pretty special. Someone asked what the song was like. I replied: “I have no idea, the sound doesn’t play when the VHS is in slo-mo.”

2 Likes

My wife just caught me laughing at this… :boom:

3 Likes

:rofl: Variation: I’m hearing myself playing it

Claude

Potentially this :hot_face::

1 Like

I saw Duran Duran live and they were excellent

2 Likes

I think Duran Duran is a great band with some iconic and groundbreaking music over the years, not Guilty Pleasure territory for me personally!

2 Likes

I saw Ultravox live too back in the day. At college we had a rule that we took turn and tries picking gigs and we all went and put to for a mini bus. Saw a lot of bands I’d never have watched otherwise including the Jam, earth wind and fire, stiff little fingers and latterly Ultravox who were excellent. I looked very out of place all in denim with hair so long I could sit on it!

1 Like

Some folk look at me askance when I mention I like a bit of Shirley. Say what you like but she has a cracking set of lungs…

5 Likes

In the car/wagon it’s Blackwater can’t beat it it wakes me up
In the house its rumer the wife says it’s music to die too in her sarcastic way :blush:

Was just listening to her earlier today; indeed, what a voice.

To borrow from a previous incarnation of this topic, why feel guilty about any of it?
Own your bad music proudly!

1 Like

Anything Tom Jones sings on The Voice usually has me reaching for the rewind - especially with Jennifer Hudson a couple of seasons ago. But this weekend when he sang With These Hands was a masterclass.

1 Like