Guns N' Roses Glasto Set

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

From the bbc:

At 61, Roseā€™s vocals arenā€™t what they once were, but he can still pull off a wolverine yowl when he warms up - and his snarling delivery remains convincingly menacing. (Some TV viewers complained his microphone was too quiet, but in the field he cut through the swathes of guitar like a knife through butter).

Deleted, please remove.

Couldnā€™t this have been posted on the main Glasto thread?

Slash certainly didnā€™t disappoint

1 Like

Maybe - but it was the miking not the voice that was the problem.

Clearly the BBC did not have enough staff there to do the job!

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

2 Likes

I saw them (unfortunately minus Slash) in 2006 and they still remain the worst act Iā€™ve ever seen on any night Iā€™ve been out. They were ridiculously late on stage and finished way past midnight, when a lot of people canā€™t get transport. Nothing new, from reviews it appears they do it all the time. Axl might as well have not been there, as you couldnā€™t hear his voice at all. As soon as their Glastonbury slot started yesterday, I said itā€™s exactly the same as all those years ago. Same garbage, so donā€™t blame the BBC or anyone else, itā€™s them.

Soft rock childrenā€™s band. And then they wheel out the obligatory ā€˜surprise guestā€™ Grohl. Surprise? He waits at the sideline of every tv concert event, available if you need him to squawk out his usual drivel.

Slash should just come out by himself and play for 2hrs.

1 Like

His band with Myles Kennedy will scratch the itch for those wanting the man in that hat minus the others.
Myles has probably the best voice in rock.
Yes, I am an Alter Bridge fan ( and Christineā€¦ isnā€™t music variety wonderful? ).

2 Likes

I noticed this on some of the sets I watched on Friday before string off on holiday; will watch Guns Nā€™Roses when I get home.

It maybe just my ears, but the same sort of thing happens with Later with Jools.
I can watch the programme before Jools at normal volume, then have to turn it up for Jools,and down again afterwards.

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

Except it isnā€™t. I saw them on their last tour at the London Stadium and Axlā€™s voice, while not the best was mixed properly and audible throughout. You may not like them but the issue last night was very clearly a mixing one.

3 Likes

Different strokes, Myles Kennedy is the definition of ā€œspecialā€ for a rock vocalist. The best performing right now for my money.

2 Likes

Also Tremonti not a special rock guitarist? Who is better in the rock world? Iā€™ve seen about all of them.

1 Like

It was a patchy set - good in places.

I saw it as the Slash Show with 6 other people on stage with him. His technique is brilliant to watch. Axl vocals were diabolical. Duff was a rock for sure.

As others have saidā€¦ā€¦Myles Kennedy would have smashed it. But I guess that wouldnā€™t have been GnR would it?

1 Like

Isnā€™t Axlā€™s voice a Contra Tenor, quite rare as I understand it? They are not my kind of band but I have to acknowledge their musicianship, especially Mr Slash, even if he does look like a Zombie just risen from the grave.

1 Like

Saul Hudson, born in Stoke-on-Trent.

It doesnā€™t have quite the same ā€˜ringā€™ as Slash, does it?

I imagine that ā€˜zombie, just risen from the graveā€™ would be very much to his liking!

And he does make those Les Paul guitars sing, scream and howl - is there anyone better at that kind of thing?

3 Likes

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

I can recall this being an issue with certain live broadcasts (canā€™t remember which) last year also. Later, on the iPlayer version, some appeared to have been re-mixed so perhaps the same will happen here. I suspect that in some cases the live feed will have just have been taken straight from the FOH desk instead of (like the old days) via the BBC van with their own desk and their LS3/5aā€™s.