Happy 50th Anniversary Naim Audio!

Paul even helped carry a 52 from my car into the factory for a voltage change when I moved back to the UK. I was impressed with the customer service. I only discovered later that Paul was MD as well as chief box carrier.
Happy birthday Naim and many happy returns!

9 Likes

Happy 50th Birthday Naim Audio!

…another fab pic of Paul and Julian enjoying one of Julian’s other passions.

And where it all began

Julian in the zone

…time to start sharing the Nait 50s out :smile:

23 Likes

Steve, when did you join Naim, and what did you start working on?

Happy anniversary to the best Audio company in the world!

6 Likes

I took a NAP 250 apart in 1988 while working for Cambridge Audio and comparing it to the pic in the brochure. My friend and I admired the engineering and how the two looked identical. Sounded fantastic and I was sold…joined a few other hi-fi companies on the way.

…Then I joined Naim Audio on the 15th Nov 2001, 21 and a half years ago!

First products I designed were the NAC 202, 282 and 252 simultaneously.
…I remember working till 3am finishing the 202 PCB

Best
Steve

30 Likes

Who designed 552 released same year (2002)? :blush:

Happy 50th Naim! I kind of feel we’re all part of the Naim family one way or another.
Our shared passion for music produced at the highest quality we can afford. Something for everyone!
Naim have come a long way, and no doubt we’re all pleased they are here, adapting to ever changing times catering for a new generation trying to spread the word of good audio!

Let’s face it, whilst we go to shows and listen to Naim’s competition…there is only one Naim in audio….see what I did !!!

2 Likes

Though I was forced to drift away from HiFi after moving to the US (no truly useful space for HiFi per 1st wife) I never lost track of my Nait2 which is enjoying it’s 30th anniversary with me this year. Purchased pre-owned from Infidelity in Hampton Wick, converted to 110v by Radford HiFi in Bath and soon to go through the AV Options Ultimate Upgrade for it’s birthday present.

4 Likes

552 was Roy George and the CAD work by Gary Crocker.
Audio sign-off was Paul Stephenson and Roy

8 Likes

Thanks Robert!

1 Like

I think we may well still have one or two bits of the test gear in the picture of JV above :smiley:

5 Likes

What kind of test equipment is this? A plotter of some kind?

IMG_2386

I don’t know for sure - but it does look like a plotter.

Joyeux anniversaire Naim Audio! :bouquet::birthday::champagne::gift:

2 Likes

Happy, happy and Healthy Birthday 50th Anniversary Naim. You started when I bought my first studio Vinyl recorded in 1973 - Niemen “Marionetki” SXL 0895. And I enjoyed listening it from Unitra 25W stereo amp. Now You make me more happy to listen the same music from 300dr amp in a better, better quality, like “surfing” between Galaxies, sometimes is hard to get back to our Planet… Thank You for that!!!

2 Likes

Happy birthday naim and thanks for lovely equipment and service.
Thanks to @Richard.Dane for all your help and nice management here in the forum.
Also thanks to @NeilS for your extraordinary technical support.

Best wishes for many more years to come for naim with all of us having more lovely music moments and longing for new boxes :grin:

3 Likes

Really? My birthday as well!

Happy birthday Naim!

2 Likes

Mine is thirty years, ranging from an Olive tuner to Uniti Nova.

Big changes when the Nait 50 comes

2 Likes

Julian invited me to join Naim the end of 1980 officially on the payroll March 1981.

The role support the product,Retailers and above all the end users, mantra of the day, let’s make an experience exactly the same as what we would wish for ourselves.
Be Honest,Be open,have fun! I went on to become Sales & Marketing Director during the 80s and 90’s, Managing Director 2000- 2015 before leaving the end of 2016 as Chairman, leading the company with fellow Directors and Management Teams.

Julian of course led the way but even he needed people around him, this led to the founders Julian and Shirley Clarke launching the company officially in 1973.
It was a journey led by Passion and full of Passion, it would be wrong to name any single individual, the success came from a team effort that worked hard and played hard, you know who you are,you can be proud, sadly some are no longer with us today.

From Good in to Goods out, quality control, manufacturing support, Production admin, wiring, pcb,
stores, speakers,Purchasing, finance, sales &Marketing,service and repair,customer support our famous Canteen,of course R&d, Test, New product development, IT and finance, the record label and forgive me if I have missed anyone but all of the above worked together with an unbelievable focus and with Passion to succeed and certainly it could not have been achieved without all working in harmony with a clear Vision. Our friends at various audio companies and especially Linn Products and those who championed us at Bentley and Apple.

Our external creatives, pr and ad agencies,supply chain,designers, financial advisors, Biz mentors ,support from the hifi press with many famous editors all supporting the cause.

Our retailers and distributors worldwide must take a huge amount of credit as they shared our vision and upheld the Naim core values. The Naim forum maybe the first audio brand forum in the world built a community which went from strength to strength a place for sharing and helping and keeping us on Track!

But most of all the feeling when you turned up the volume, unmistakably the sound of Naim, Pace,Rhythm and Timing full loaded with Passion.

51 Likes

According to Robin at Naim;

"It’s a XY pen plotter, which was used for many years to check the response curves of snaxos and tuners via a custom-built signal processor box (it was all analogue and converted the frequency and signal level into the dc voltages the plotter needed to produce the curves).

The curves shown on it in the photo are for a 3-way snaxo (it would have been an Isobarik in those days – the photo is from about 1984)."

7 Likes